Thursday, April 7, 2016

Operation 365 2… Blog 105

 Operation 365 2– Jefferson Jay – Covers – 105 “Harvest” by Neil Young

Hiiiiii... How are you? I guess that's just about as rhetorical as a question can get. I think it's cause I'm more in the mood for a quiet conversation on this rainy day then I am for playing some still unchosen cover tune. I considered, "Big City" as a tribute to Merle Haggard who passed away yesterday. At least I was told, he passed away yesterday. I haven't personally confirmed this, but who really ever personally confirms anything really? Mostly we just read or hear "news" and then repeat like it's fact. It's not fact. In fact, it's probably more lies than truth. Everyone has an agenda and usually it's to extract cash from us somehow. I have no agenda. Well, that's a lie. I want to help the world as best I can, however I'm meant to. Imagine that was everyone's agenda. That would be cool.

Anyway, the version of "Big City" that I want to do was redone slightly by my late, great friend, Don Truesdail. Don never did anything the easy way, especially when it came to music, so his version is more difficult than I can deal with right now. I will do the tribute when I can find the time and energy to do it right, but RIP Merle. I then considered doing "Rhythm of the Rain." It's a nice tune. It's been raining on and off in san Diego all day. That is rare. Well, I guess I better pick something and bust it out 'cause I wanna lay down and when I get up, I want this to be over. Low hanging fruit, reveal yourself to me... please...

Well, that was eventful. I landed on "Harvest" with thoughts of my man, Matt Reischling in mind, as when I heard him cover "Harvest," it made me wanna play it too. So I have been playing it, here and again, for the special needs folks I work with. Today, I went to it 'cause I thought maybe I could get through it somewhat easily. Nothing is easy when you're bushed, but once again. we prevailed. It's what we do. I like to call it "we." I'm a team player. No one likes to go it alone really all that much. We are pack animals. I believe. 

Whenever it rains, it's a special thing in SD and I want to incorporate that into the 365 in some way. That is why I was so pleased when I got to the end of the first verse and heard Neil singing about the rain. I forgot he did this in this tune. I am always looking for synchronicity in life. I feel when it reveals itself, it is the universe reminding you it's listening. 

In other news, the Yankees scored a million runs when I played this tune. Hey, I missed it, but I'll take it. Meanwhile, our local not-so-lovable losers, the Padres, haven't even scored one run yet. They won't be scoring today either, because they don't play. Not that that really makes a difference. Worst start to a season ever. Literally. Oh well. 

Operation 365 2 – Jefferson Jay – Originals – 105 “Our Best Bet” by Jefferson Jay


Best bet? Definitely not the Padres. In fact, while the Operation 365 does not officially support gambling. It does support any easy money you make betting against the Dads. I am going to read the lyrics to this tune real quick and see if I can figure out what he is talking about. OK, it seems that "Our Best Bet" is about giving one's self a tune-up by staying positive and above the mundane, mud-throwing and/or risky nature of the games we play in life. 

Bingo.

Operation 365 2 – Jefferson Jay – Words – 105 “When Inspiration Is Everywhere”


I was digging in my brain for some words for today's "Words," and I didn't have any. I was pretty certain no one wants to watch a video of me silently staring at the camera for 2 minutes. I know I don't, so, on I thought.  Then I got an idea. A few days ago, a friend, Gale Hopping, asked me to write an article for his local news sheet, OB Rocks. I've been doing this occasionally lately and it's been fun. It's like my 53rd job and like this one, it doesn't pay. Clearly, that's not how I write my priority list. Anyway, I wrote this article. I don't even think it's posted yet, but here I'm going to read all 1040 words of it (or so) because, it's nice and I can be done after. XOXO.  It looks like rainbow weather out there. 

No comments: