Monday, April 18, 2016

Operation 365 2… Blog 116

Operation 365 2 – Jefferson Jay – Covers – 116 “Everybody Wants to Rule the World” by Tears for Fears


Today’s topic unwittingly became the follies of youth. Youth, in this context is in now way reserved for only the young. There are many wise, old, souls, as there are many children who never grow up. Theoretically as we age or mature, we realize we are not the only reason everything exists in the world. We stop treating others that way and and stop expecting others to treat us that way. We claim additional responsibilities and take pride in keeping our word and getting things done. Like, I said, it isn’t for everyone, but whatever it is, it can take lifetimes to learn. Anyone with wisdom is always growing, listening and learning.

These standards are not expected of children or even young adults, See pop culture phenomena, Bieber, Justin and Manziel, Johnny, adult children. It must be harder to grow when fame and fortune are in your pocket and everyone tells you how heart you are all the time. For some, this is the challenge like offers, For others, it is a more common undergraduate experience, or community college, or a harsh splashdown into the work world right out of high school. Thank God forgiveness is as big a part of our world as it is. The only way to really learn is to fall on your face and get up. We all make mistakes. There’s a more immediate hope for those who learn from them.

The goal of life is not fame or fortune. It never was. This is an illusion sold to us on the big screen in 3D on all 600 channels, even the radio, terrestrial, satellite, whatever… Having a good soul, treating people kindly, being generous with your energy, your time, and whatever else you’ve gathered. Lifting others up is why we’re here. Everything is preening and parading on the catwalk. Looks fade. Love lives forever.

Do you want to rule the world? Do you really?

Operation 365 2 – Jefferson Jay – Words– 116 “This is Mbuku”

The words segment of 365 Town is making me more aware of my identity crisis. I might actually be schizophrenic. Either way, I’m glad it’s getting out. Can’t be jamming ten men in to one’s man’s bones. Tissue notwithstanding, muscles as well, of course, a man needs to spread his wings some and fly. I’m flying to Africa. I’m a new man today. I’m never turning back. Ubuntu in the house. 

Operation 365 2– Jefferson Jay – Originals – 116 “The Edginess of Youth”

One day a few years ago, I went to a college football game with my special lady. If you’ve ever been to one of these especially, here in San Diego, you know they are exceptionally boring. I’ve never seen a close one. Maybe they’re better. Regardless, I was at one of these because my friend Blair produces the KGB Sky Show, an awesome fireworks and rock n’ roll extravaganza, which begins immediately following the game.

So I’m killing time, jotting in my notebook. It felt like hours. The game refused to end. Also mind-numbing and endless was the chatter emanating from the undergraduate children a few rows back. Thankfully, years later, I’ve forgotten the specific nonsense spouted, but it was maddening. Songwriting coping mechanism #646 kicked it and the next thing you know, I had a tune and it was time for explosions. That was the year I learned to bring earplugs to the KGB Sky Show. We all have a lot to learn and like my man, Happy Bear loves to say, “We are all perfectly fine.” It can be both. I love this life.

No comments: