Friday, April 29, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 127

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 127 “My Girl” by The Temptations


Here is another number from my performing group’s performance at the El Cajon Public Library on April 9, 2016. I am so proud of them. They play great and handle themselves like professionals any time we go anywhere. It is a delight that enhances my existence immeasurably, being involved with Charlie, Bryce and Chelse. They love to play and it shows. Here they are, giving “My Girl” the love it deserves.

Beware: this video has the power to make you very happy. Watch carefully.

Operation  365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 127 “In Utero (The Things I Ought Be Doing in My Mind)” by Jefferson Jay

It looks like I wrote this one in January 2014. All the dates between the two 365s kind of mush together for me creatively. This one is interesting. It was written from the perspective of a baby that is still in utero. That’s why I felt so fine borrowing Nirvana’s album name for this tune. Mine is actually about a whipper-snapper in utero. I threw the parenthesis things on there out respect to Cobain and Co. though.

Apparently these are the types of tunes you write when you get to this age, songs about babies and having them and the different angles on that and things. I hadn’t played this song for awhile. It was fun. I actually changed it a little, so that’s a cool benefit of this whole thing, old song improvement. Life improvement, in general, I suppose.

Tonight, April 29, 2016, is the final show of this Springs’ Acoustic Evenings at the Athenaeum Series. It will be lovely. Excited to share an evening of entertainment in the old library with Hugh Gaskins, Nancy Truesdail and my soon-to-be newest friend, Tolan Shaw. Peace.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words - 127 “Staring Down Love”

I’m under the impression that some of you out there could use a pick me up. I’ve tried a million ways with a million words in this segment it seems so today I’ve decided to come with something a little different. Call it telepathy, an attempt at psychic communication if you will. The internet’s is loaded with theories about transmitting energy with the eyes. Here I am sharing the love, quite explicitly through my shiny blue orbs. Dig in and feel the love. Words are great but we don’t always need words to speak. 

No comments: