Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Operation 365 2… Blog 111

Operation 365 2 – Jefferson Jay – Covers – 111 “White Rabbit” by Jefferson Airplane


Welcome to 4-11-16, Day 111 of this here Operation 365 2.

Seems fitting that I do “White Rabbit.” When your name is Jefferson, some people call you Jefferson airplane or Jefferson Starship. It happens, so frequently, in fact, that I don’t mind. Not only that but Jefferson Airplane singer Grace Slick lives in La Jolla, I believe, and she is my friend on Facebook. So “Hi Grace, Hope all’s well!”

It was fun playing “White Rabbit.” I gave her the ol’ Jefferson-Jay-Operation-365-2-speed-her-up treatment, which I quite enjoy giving tunes, I must say. Dig it, my friends. Hail!  

Operation 365 2– Jefferson Jay – Originals – 111 “The Someday Song” by Jefferson Jay

“The Someday Song” blends into the big chunk of time between the 2 Operation 365s. All the tunes I wrote in that period of time from 2012-2015 reside in the big No Man’s Land of my tunes. My most recent CD, “Hallelujah Expressway,” available on iTunes, is full of tunes written in 2010-11. So all these other tunes aren’t on any CDs. The current CD I’m working on, my 7th, is all tunes I wrote for the first 365 in 2011, so those tunes aren’t even being worked on now either. Who knows if they ever will be? I’d hoped for my CDs to be a chronicle of my musical growth but I struggle to keep up with myself. It doesn’t help that there is roughly zero demand for these CDs…

Well, I guess that’s another reason we are here. So I can share these tunes and they can have a point in existing, even if the only point is 15 people watching them over the next few years. At least I did it and shared it. I can’t control the whole reception part, so I don’t focus on that too much. I don’t really remember writing this tune so much. It just kind of popped out, I remember. That’s kind of how it goes when I don’t have any 365 to write songs for. I just kind of write them when inspiration hits.

The big book seems to indicate I wrote this tune on 1-14-14. I wrote a few other tunes right in that same week or so. Maybe that’s why I don’t remember. Maybe it’s cause it doesn’t really matter when I wrote “The Someday Song.” I wrote it some day.

Operation 365 2 – Jefferson Jay – Words– 111 “The Word for Today Is… Part 2”


This video features what appears to be my favorite word in this here “Words” section of our Operation 365 2. Short and sweet. Thanks, folks. Today’s word is…

No comments: