Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Operation 365 2… Blog 104

Operation 365 2 – Jefferson Jay – Originals – 104 “Time To Go” by Jefferson Jay


Previously on Operation 365 2.  I wrote a million songs... Well, not a million. But 12 at once six weeks ago. Then 24 "at once," but really over a few days about a month ago and then 24 more in a day about  two weeks ago now. The first 12 spoke clearly to me. I could wrap my head around them both musically and conceptually. Perhaps my brain can handle 12 tunes. These 24-song blasts, though, are a whole 'nother story.

So, I have no idea what this most recent "case" of tunes are about. In fact, I am just finally beginning to understand the first "case." Here's is my revelation. I think I was trying to say something to myself. Perhaps, some sort of pep talk. Deep, huh. If I had to guess what I was trying to say to myself through my words, I would say I'm trying to prepare and inspire myself from some sort of action or thrust. This sing, "Time to Go," lays it out here slightly. It says I'm tired, which I tend to be when I write all these tunes. It is always at night, after my wife has gone to sleep. It also says it's "time to go," like there is something to do and it's time. I have no idea, honestly, what that thing is. I have been half-assuming it's professional (seems like there's plenty to "do" in that are) but maybe, its not. When I wrote those 12 tunes, it was very personal. This 365 has been extremely personal, like, so personal, I assume nobody's watching. To that aim, I will finish with some total nonsense and see if anybody ever says anything.

Donald Trump is the best. No question he's better than all the rest, for President. Hands down. Quote me. I dare you.

Operation 365 2– Jefferson Jay – Covers – 104 “The Exodus Song” by Pat Boone

So one of the groups I have with the special needs folks these days is Talent Development. So I get together with different groups and try to tap in to what the individuals talents are and then develop them. It is quite rewarding. So with some of these older folks, I have to journey back in time to discover the tunes they know and love, so I can have them sing them and find out what they’re capable of. This led me to this Pat Boone hit, (among other tunes)”Exodus.”

Now in reality, this is some big dramatic tune from some movie. My guess is “Exodus,” but I can neither confirm or deny these rumors at this time. I wasn’t so much feeling the whole heavy exodus-ing vibe, so I lightened it up a skutch or two as I am wont to do from time to time. So, here that is, with some fence action for ambience.

Shout outs to Cat Chengery and her delightful new beau, Dakota. Shout out to the visiting amigo/legendary poster icon, John Warner and his wife, Kim, with whom I will catch up later on today. Shout out to my newest friend, (met him for ten seconds last night) Karl Denson and a final shout out to whomever was on my mind when I initially launched this shout out section in the first place. Sorry I forgot you.

A-ha! I remembered. Huge shout-out to Construnction Frence Repair, whose hilariously spelled sign, never gets old.

Operation 365 2 – Jefferson Jay – Words – 104 “Earthly Treasures”

Here’s a few humble words about why our world has some of the problems that we do today.

No comments: