Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Operation 365 2… Blog 118

Operation 365 2 – Jefferson Jay – Words – 118 “Have Gas”


So far, this has been the toughest week of the 365, hands down, and it’s only Wednesday. Don’t get me wrong. Life is great, but car repairs aren’t. Neither are paying taxes that you can’t afford. Now I know better than to get too down about anything money-related, but it a bit of a kick in the knobber when you do all you can to come up and things like this, kick you back down. Well, that is all the pity-party I plan to be having in this here 365. No one wants to read that, because it is no fun, including me.

I now aim to set things straight and think positive thoughts post-haste. It’s the only way. No sense crying over spilt milk or blown fuel pumps, because you ran out of gas, again. You’re much better off putting that behind you, doing better next time, and enjoying the rest of your day/life. Well, those are my thoughts, but it is really up to you.

Operation 365 2– Jefferson Jay – Covers – 118 “Octopus’s Garden” by The Beatles


In an attempt to inject some much-needed positivity and good feelings into my mood, I am going bring you another performance from my friends I work with at St. Madeleine Sophie’s Center a couple weeks back. My three musical friends, Chelse, Charlie, and Bryce, from L to R, bring you their stellar rendition of “Octopus’s Garden” by the Beatles. If this doesn’t warm your heart, please call 911 or get the first available appointment with any cardiologist you can find.

Operation 365 2 – Jefferson Jay – Originals – 118 “The No Car Blues” by Jefferson Jay

Singing the blues can be extremely helpful in terms of processing unpleasant thoughts efficiently. So, in an attempt to meet my quota here today, that’s exactly what I did. To brighter tomorrows… drink.

In other news, Happy 4/20, to those of you who celebrate such things. Happy Birthday to my dear departed friend, Mike Warrington. I am still working on "Am I Inside?" and "Love Hate Love" by Alice in Chains for you. I feel like I've got to get them good and they're not so easy to play and sing for me at this time. I'll just keep practicing them, until they're worthy of a tribute to you. Thanks for everything. Onward and upward, my friend.

No comments: