Thursday, April 28, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 126

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 126 “5000 Candles in the Wind” by Andy Dwyer and April Ludgate


Getting a wee tad 365 weary this afternoon, but I shall push on through. Had a meeting with the great Shantih Beeman of Nice Chops after work in gorgeous University Heights. Then I came home to do my videos. I watched them. They were eh, especially my big “5000 Candles in the Wind,” I’d been waiting all week for. So what do ya do?

I dressed up like a cowboy and got ‘er done. I got a letter from the state tax folks that threatened to derail but, not, I’ve got to push on through. My man, Bob Marley. NFL draft starts in 17 minutes. Go Cowboys.. Go away concussions. I am divided on this issue, immensely.

Speaking of popular NBC television programs, here it is folks, a sweet sweet swansong for a miniature horse named L’il Sebastian. The pride of Pawnee, with a pony package to match, he’s dearly missed. May we sing this song and remember the huge impact he had on us all. My favorite part of “Parks and Rec” so far. Thanks Chris Pratt. Thanks Amy Poehler. Thanks Netflix. The Internet says Andy Dwyer and April Ludgate wrote this tune. I kind of like that and I’ll be sticking with it. Whoever wrote this tune done good. Just the right balance of silly and sentimental. Two heartfelt thumbs up.

Operation  365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 126 “What Are You Doing” by Jefferson Jay

I wrote this one last night and it doesn’t have a name for it yet. Hmmm… Guess I better conjure one quick. I toyed with “Monsanto, God Bless,” but I’m afraid irony will be outweighed by the shadowy darkness the corporate name conjures. The song may be too nice for that. It’s optimistic, but there’s probably more blatantly optimistic things to call it other than “Monsanto, God Bless.” I’ll think on that a moment. Maybe something with “Roger Rabbit” in it?

OK. I read the lyrics a few times, listened to it a few times too. There’s a lot of questions in this tune, so I’m going to name it, “What Are You Doing.” In a way I think the other title is more indicative of what the song really means. People are hiding, burying themselves in media and madness, like movies from 30 years ago, just to state one example. I wrote the last line first and I didn’t know what it meant, “Are you looking over where the corn patch fleed?” Well, why did it flee, it begs the question? Big bad scary GMO seeds, maybe? I don’t know. “What Are You Doing” looks into a little of the who, where, whens, whats and whys of all these things.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words - 126 “A Secret Truth About Myself”

Enjoy this anecdote with long pauses for thought disguised as a truly shocking bombshell revelation. No, just kidding, this is a doozy. You definitely don’t wanna miss this one. Let’s get personal, folks. This is shit from which the earth shakes. Heavy. Duty. Rock and roll

No comments: