Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Operation 365 2… Blog 110

Operation 365 2– Jefferson Jay – Originals – 110 “24 Hours” by Jefferson Jay


Numbers can be fun, especially big juice ones like 24 and 365. Numbers that mean something to people, I like. So let’s look at this one for a sec. “24 Hours” is the final number of first 24-at-a-time batch of tunes I wrote. It was about a month ago now. I’ve been slowly working my way through them and sharing them lately. This makes most of them now, I think there’s a only a couple I haven’t done here yet for you.

Many, I recorded on a gorgeous sun-drenched weekend day about ten days ago. I like these videos. I was relaxed when I played them and it relaxes me to see the sun halo above my head. I post three videos every 24 hours these days. When I write 12 tunes, it’s 1 for each key. With 24, that’s doubled.

I am also the guy who founded produced, promoted, hosted and played “Jefferson Jay’s 24 Hours of Free Music” 4 times (’03, ’05, ’08, ’09) and I hope to do it again some day. So I guess the number 24 has some significance to me. There is one more thing I think of when I watch this video. It sounds like some Don Truesdail (my late great departed amigo) song. I’m not sure exactly which one it sounds like, but one of ‘em. It’s not exactly like it, but close enough to make me think of my friend and feel good thoughts.

Operation 365 2 – Jefferson Jay – Covers – 110 “Hey There Delilah” by Plain White T’s

Many moons ago I lived in a lovely little apartment complex/subculture at the end of Santa Cruz Ave. In fact, I recorded almost the entire 365 from that locale. I had a lovely set of neighbors back then, one of who was a gal from South Africa named Bianca. I’d go chill with her in apartment sometimes and she liked to watch the MTV Countdown on the weekends. Those are probably the only times I watched the MTV Countdown since the 80’s.

I remember Rihanna. I think it was an “Umbrella” tune, but the main one I remember is “Hey There Delilah” and here we are. It’s a catchy little number. Enjoy it.

Operation 365 2 – Jefferson Jay – Words– 110 “The Power of a Plan”


Gotta love a person with a plan. Where’d we be without folks like that? Now, there’s all kinds of people and plans. Sometimes, people even make plans for other people and that can be a good thing too. So, today, I was blessed to have one of my special needs friends laying out a little setlist for me. And it was good.

No comments: