Friday, April 8, 2016

Operation 365 2… Blog 106

Operation 365 2– Jefferson Jay – Originals – 106 “It’s Not Too Late” by Jefferson Jay


So, I’ve gathered after a few weeks of inspection and introspection that this first batch of 234 tunes I wrote (at once) is me encouraging myself (and everyone else, presumably) to continue to aggressively pursue my dreams and the positive change I’d love to see in the world around me in my life. I would like to be part of that change, whatever it is. I know that I will do whatever the universe has in store for me. I embrace that truth am grateful to even have that opportunity. Very grateful.

I am down to do more and I think these songs are trying to keep me mentally prepared in the even that I am called to some sport of action at some point. Then again, maybe I already am. Likely, it’s both, though. It usually is. Usually, we are doing some important, even as we walk through our daily lives. We interact with and affect people in ways far beyond what we ever realize. In that sense, I guess I’m already doing exactly what I need to do but, I feel, conceive, and sense, more on the horizon.

I feel these songs are trying to alert and prepare me mentally for that eventuality. The world needs a lot of love and help and not so many folks are as down as I am to participate in that reawakening of consciousness and kindness that the world really needs. Many are, but many others will need to grow into this realization. Thankfully, and finally, it’s already happening. I am deeply humble grateful to have a seat at the table and a piece in the game. 

I think another way of summing up the point of this song is, “Have Hope,” because positive things can and will happen. “Have Hope,” ‘cause as the song says, “It’s Not Too Late.


Operation 365 2 – Jefferson Jay – Covers– 106 “Yer So Bad” by Tom Petty

Hello. Tom Petty’s “Full Moon Fever” might be the first album I got into that was legitimately cool. Yes, as an East Coast/Jersey kid I was well-versed on “The Stranger,” “Glass Houses,” “52nd Street,” and all the other prime staples of the Billy Joel catalog, but when you’re an East Coast/Jersey kid, especially back then, it doesn’t really count. You don’t have much of a choice. You’re pretty much stuck with Billy Joel, whether you like it or not. There’s not much choice in the matter, so I can’t give myself any credit for that. Fortunately for me, I liked it.

“Full Moon Fever” was different. It was legitimately cool. Tom Petty is cool. While “Running Down A Dream,” “Free Fallin’,” and “ I Won’t Back Down,” were the big hits of the record ( I had the tape) I always had a special place for “Yer So Bad.” Still do. Thank Tom Petty, for not only “Full Moon Fever,” but “Wildflowers,” and “Into the Great Wide Open” too. They meant a lot to me and still do. Nice run there. Hope we can catch up more in person son. Peace.

Operation 365 2 – Jefferson Jay – Words – 106 “A World Without Arms”

Folks, I'm extremely excited for my show tonight at The Athenaeum Music & Arts Library in La Jolla. Years back, I brought our fine acoustic artists into the incredible place for art that is The Athenaeum and we've been going on and off there ever since. Tonight, one of my long-time goals, running tis Series becomes a reality as Mark Goffeney of Big Toe will play our event. Long story, short. he has no arms. Yet he plays guitar and sings like an MFer. I believe he has played all over the world and I can't wait to interview him before the show and learn all the details of his incredible story. How inspiring can ya get folks. No arms!

Peace

No comments: