Monday, April 4, 2016

Operation 365 2… Blog 102

Operation 365 2 – Jefferson Jay – Originals – 102 “The Hoe Down Blues” by Jefferson Jay


Here’s another one from the batch of 24 tunes I started one week ago today. I am still sorting out what they mean. Those and the 24 tunes I wrote before that. It’s like a long-term puzzle I am discovering in the aftermath of writing all these tunes.  So, yesterday and today, I posted bluesy tunes written after spending much time in recent days and weeks talking with my friend in less-than-super relationships. Ever since I started writing tunes a long time ago, I’ve always felt comfortable writing about the plights of those close to me in my songs. You can’t always be in your own head I guess. If we’re all one, which we are, we share a head, so there’s no real difference, I suppose.

So, “The Hoe Down Blues,” like “Someone New,” which I posted yesterday draw on the trials many of my friend have felt in some of their recent relationships. Hang in there, it will all work out in time. This song is meant to say, (I think.) with you in spirit, and in reality, if you live close enough to stop by.

Operation 365 2– Jefferson Jay – Covers – 102 “Don’t Worry, Be Happy” by Bobby McFerrin


Another classic. How I got through an entire 365 without playing “Don’t Worry, Be Happy,” I have no idea. Another dilemma rectified. Here, I had some fun, playing this classic 80s hit. I saw, it’s author, Bobby McFerrin live once. It was amazing. Literally, grannies were dancing on stage and some guy was fired up enough to dance on his hands for a spell. The vibe was that electric and inspiring.

Operation 365 2 – Jefferson Jay – Words – 102 “When Entertainment Fails”

Folks, let’s face it. We don’t ask much of our entertainment these days. A fresh idea??? No way. No reason to bother today. Some old superheroes in the same movie as ten years ago? Perfect. Star Wars 8? Bring it on. There’s no real reason to come up with anything new, when thousands of things that are tired, tried and true stand by.


I’m particularly disappointed in The Padres failure to do anything resembling effort at putting a quality baseball team on the field. There’s an old baseball expression, “Hope springs eternal,” It relates to the hope every team has entering a new season, a fresh slate. Not here. We suck and the first pitch of the season is being thrown as we speak, Hold on, Let me check if we’re (excuse me, they’re) losing yet. Come one, Pads. Couldn’t ya, at least try? And don’t even get me started on Wrestlemania… (Imagine, if you will, a smiley face, here at the end of this post, one meant to convey that I may not be as angry as I seem.) XOXXOOX

No comments: