Saturday, April 30, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 128

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 128 “Down Under” by Men at Work

“Down Under” is one of the all-time classics form the 80s. How I haven’t already done it in 493 (including both 365s) is a mystery that will forever remain unsolved. It seems like just yesterday that I was a child at UMASS watching Knuckle Sandwich cover this jam at some house party. A glorious Saturday to all. Happy 70th birthday to Claudia. We are looking forward to going and celebrating with her in a bit and then we get to go to our favorite place, The Hunseys. It’s going to be a funky good time.

Operation  365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 128 “In a Circle, I Sing” by Jefferson Jay

I wrote this song, who knows when, awhile ago. The lyrics might have even come from longer back, but I don’t remember. Until a few minutes ago, this song was called "The Circle of Life." I never saw the Lion King. I know. I’m like the only one who hasn’t in the world. I asked my wife, Leanne, “The Circle of Life” is a song from "The Lion King" right. She immediately started chanting and parading our little dog Nigel around above her head like some de facto Jungle King. I changed the name of the song in my head that instant.  I mean we can share song names, but for some tunes you just got to have respect. Someone should tell that to Bruno Mars. I think he must have missed that day in song naming class

Last night was the final show of this Springs’ Acoustic Evenings at the Athenaeum Series. It was indeed a lovely affair. Much love and many good feelings. Huge thanks to everyone who played or attended this Springs’ series. It is always very rewarding making memories that come with such special sensations. Love. Before you know it will be fall and we’ll do it all again. I love this life.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words - 128 “Get Yourself One of These”

Folks, there’s a lot of words to say and a lot of advice to give, but some days that shit just doesn’t sit on the tip of your tongue. When this happens to me I hit record and let ‘er fly. Every once in awhile, the universe smiles on you and you slip and/or step into some quality wisdom. Today is one of those days. So be like me, here today folks, and get yourself one of these. You’ll never regret it. It’s the gift that lasts a lifetime. Love.


No comments: