Sunday, April 24, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 122

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 122 “Three Little Birds” by Bob Marley


Hello All. A glorious Sunday to ya. It’s an especially warm one today because it is gig day for The JJB, my preferred acronym for our very own Jefferson Jay Band. Today, we take the stage at Mother’s Saloon, 4-8 PM, 2228 Bacon St, San Diego, California. Ocean, Beach. It’s a lovely life to live and it’s a lovely place to play.

I was computer-spelunking in search of a cool cover song to play for you today and how happy was I when I realized “Three Little Birds” had not been played yet. Yes, many Bob Marley tunes have made their way into this ginormous project, but somehow this one was saved for today. Yet another blessing.

I like to assume everybody loved this song. How about that Bob Marley, fighting for freedom, making music. That’s a guy whose career speaks to me. I understand his motivations and they are blatantly admirable and for the good of those with whom his world was shared. I love stuff like that. Hail Bob Marley. Every day.

Operation  365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words - 122 “Coming in for the Kisses”

Blessings abound. Hail everywhere. Bathe in the positive feelings. “Coming in for the Kisses.” I hit record. Living the dream indeed. God bless.

Operation  365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 122 “A Song About Shuffleboard” by Jefferson Jay

So, some years back I met a good friend of my wife’s named Catherine Chengery. Very quickly, we became buds as well. The first time we met, I believe, we all went to Mother’s Saloon for a beverage, the same bar we happen to playing today from 4-8. 2228 Bacon St. 92107 if youwanna get down. We played shuffleboard. It was fun and provocative.

Then, as my hazy recollection recalls, we went back to Leanne’s and the two of them ran off in search of some burgers for us to dine on. I think they got Hodad’s. Before they walked out the door, Catherine suggested I wrote a song while they were gone. I did this and here it is. I will check my meticulous records now. My machine says I first typed these words on Feb 13, 2012. Well, I probably wrote this song around then then.

In summation, the chorus of this song applies to a lot more than everyone’s favorite bar game. It says

“It’s so easy to overshoot
You need to keep it cool and let it glide right
It’s so easy to overshoot
You need to keep it cool and get it right”

Like so many other things, this applies to almost everything. If you like someone… If you have a new job… If you want to do well at whatever you’re doing… There’s some wisdom here. Let me know if you figure out how it relates to you. I’m still learning what it means too.

No comments: