Sunday, January 2, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 33

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 39 "It's Good To Be King" by Tom Petty
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wal56R3bkYo

I've always liked this tune. It is off one of my all-time favorite albums Tom Petty's "Wildfowers." I played this tune live in concert once. It was an acoustic version and I believe it was the last time I played in San Francisco. I was wearing this funny plastic crown at the time and I'm pretty sure the San Franciscans didn't get it. Maybe it's the weather but for a chill place, people tend to be wound a little tightly in that place. Just one man's opinion. Well San Francisco, in case you didn't know it then, I was only kidding, but I do like this song a lot and that is no joke.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 39 "Down To My Last Cigarette" by Robin Lee with Jack Davidson
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auJ21bi3HZ4

Robin Lee, I love. I don't know where she is right now. She took off awhile back, but I love her very much. She taught me a lot and was always an appreciative, supportive and wise friend. Her birthday is this week and it's been about a year since I've seen her so she is on my mind. Love you Robin.

Here she is with Jack Davidson on guitar live from my Open Mic on December 29, 2009. This was during a brief period where the venue I was working at lost its right to have microphones for some cockamamie reason. My friends and I persevered though and the show went on more of less without a hitch, albeit at a much quieter level. So here they are, just the sweet sounds of their guitars and Robin's inimitable voice. This is her jam "Down To My Last Cigarette." Keep your head up Robin, wherever you are. You are loved.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 39 "Good Luck, All In"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFkY8cbcaYU

This is a new song I wrote the other night inspired in part by a little poker game my friends and I played. That is not all it's inspired by but I don't wish to elaborate further at this time. Enjoy my new number and Happy New Year!

No comments: