Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 49

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 55 "I've Just Seen A Face" by The Beatles
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9k8EpanPJ5o

This was filmed on August 13, 2008 by Dylan Avery. I had just wedded Joe and Jen Stevens in Holy Matrimony. Didn't know I was a minister, did ya? Dylan, Robin Lee and I headed back to my house for a brief bit of down time before going to the wedding reception/concert. Dylan was filming stuff. Robin was changing her strings and I decided I was going to run through this Beatles number that I would be doing later at the show with Justin Mills. Robin had just lent me this sweet Gibson guitar. It is quite similar to the one she later helped me purchase that I play in most of these videos. After the tune, I left it on as she gives me some tips on proper instrument care. One of the great days of all time. I forgot this was even filmed. Fun to rediscover.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 55 Jefferson Jay and Justin Mills - 8-13-2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Klf2UqNuIXQ

This clip features myself and Justin Mills along with Mary Dolan on vocals and Clifford M. Jomuad on bass. I believe there is a little cameo by Mac Mac in there as well. This was filmed by Dylan Avery at Joe and Jen Stevens' wedding on August 13, 2008. Earlier today I posted a little rehearsal I did for this performance:

This was a great day. There over a dozen acts who performed and probably over 20 artists. The environment was extremely festive and light. A great time was had by all. This was the first time Justin Mills and I rehearsed something for a show. A couple of months later Justin wrote a couple of tunes together and had a good run in the acoustic supergrop The Greens of Mind. Great times.

NOTE: For some reason youtube only has me insert "asian television" in the tags when Clifford is in my videos. Conspiracy? I wonder...

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 55 "Ryan's Parts/Have A Great Day" - FALSE ALARM

I probably haven't played this song in 10 years. In 2000, I made my first Jefferson Jay CD. It was called "salvaging Jersey" and had an extremely limited release. It was about one man;s trials and tribulations coping with an extended stay in Jersey. My album was long and this is a prelude from somewhere near the turning point of the CD. "Ryan's Parts/Have A Great Day" got it's name because the first chunk was a bunch of parts an old friend Ryan Horvath likes that I stuck together. The ABC-123 particularly appealed to Ryan's oldest son Quinn who was but a bitty baby at the time. For some reason when I picked up the guitar today, this is what came out. The last part, the "Have A Great Day" part was written another time, hence the slash.
Have A Great Day"

NOTE: Boooooo Jefferson! As soon as I had my video all lines up perfect and it was an effort today. I realized the microphone was not on. So false alarm. I refuse to unwrite my blog and I am really not down to re-record this a right now, so a back-up I will seek.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 55 "FATSO"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cSgGiyiXuA

Not really the plan today, but a back up I had sitting around since last week when Clifford visited. Looks like it wins. "FATSO" is another one of my favorite t... Changed my mind again. Re-recording "Ryan's Parts/Have A Great Day" now. My brain is not working. I am having technical difficulties. I dont; fell like standing by. Here is FATS with Clifford from the other day. Enjoy.

Confession: This is not my favorite version of "FATSO"of all-time, a classic Jefferson Jay tune I wrote about my superpooch Angel, also known as Strange. I was debating not using it and waiting for a better FATSO but today was the day. L'chiem! To my pooch!

TAGS: FATSO, Jefferson Jay, Angel, pooch, poochbag, fat pooch, chubby, dog, canine, animal lover, lab, retriever, black dog, biggest loser, fatso, fat, large, sweet cute, puppy, fasto, clifford, red

No comments: