Monday, January 3, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 34

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 40 "Honesty" by Billy Joel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7YmR_UiqH0

I'll be honest with ya. I didn't know I'd be doing all these Billy Joel tunes either. When you grow up when I did, in New Jersey, it just happens. It's all right. Billy Joel is cool. Well, mostly, anyway... Somewhat. Just playing, Billy. You rock. Especially seventies and early eighties you.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 40 Beer Money - 1-26-2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCeF-PsyXPk

Two folks and a baby. I left the comedy on at the beginning of the clip. Eventually, they get to their fine song "Another Song About The Rain". Joe and Jen Stevens, aka Beer Money, appear here on stage at my Open Mic with their super baby Morgan Riley Stevens. Enjoy family fun at the start of 2010 and have yourself a great 2011.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 40 "Every Day's Time"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QLcktADR7E

Another newish number and one of my favorites. I asked my girlfriend Leanne if she wanted to write a song with me one night. She was hesitant, perhaps a little shy, so I busted out this one real quick (borderline lickety-split) while I uploaded 365 stuff, but never one to disappoint, she helped me pen the sequel to this jam, a number known as "Part Two."

This tune is called "Every Day's Time" and it's about how every day is the time to take care of one's business and do what's important to you in life. It is also about how important the love from our friends is and how if you forget that than you're acting like a big dummy. You're not a big dummy, so stop it. Come on. You know better than that. Seriously.

No comments: