Thursday, January 27, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 58

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 64 Cafe Moliendo Part Two - 7-30-2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wosEq0loDhI

I decided to include another excerpt from Cafe Moliendo's set on 7-30-2009. There was a great vibe and some nice close-ups. The camaraderie is tangible and I like it. So here it is.

Cafe Moliendo is a San Diego-based cumbia band. They are led by singer Olga Cortes and violinist/pianist Misha Borisovsky. Here they are joined by several talented musicians including Paul Ruiz on trumpet, Soul Man on guiro, Paul Lopez on congas, Geo on quattro, Marco on saxophone and several others whose names should be listed here but aren't.

Peace

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 64 "Dance Hall Days" by Wang Chung
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjEE4zxU13U

So, is my version of Wang Chung's "Dance Hall Days" the greatest song ever? A fair question... My initial is, probably not. Would I have even considered recording this song or sharing it if not for the free-for-all that is Operation 365? Likely, the answer is no. But, can I speak for every person on the planet? Certainly not. Do I know if there is someone out there who has waited their whole life for this very version of "Dance Hall Days" by Wang Chung? No, your honor, I don't. And that I believe creates enough reasonable doubt to justify my posting of this version of "Dance Hall Days" by Wang Chung. Thank you.

I was actually gonna do a Wes Davis tune. Looked at "Squeegee." Found "The Gambler" in the file but wasn't getting that done as smoothly as I would have liked. Would have been fitting with Frank's big birthday poker game tonight though. Anyway, stumbled upon "Dance Hall Days" by Wang Chung and the rest is history

TAGS: Wang Chung, Jefferson Jay, Wes Davis, Ocean Beach, Road Show, Have Fun Tonight, Bang a gong, 80s music, poker, gambler, Squeegee, t-rex

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 64 "Season Of The Mind"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoAKm4Wz7qY

I plan to continue to post the rest of the clips of The Jefferson Jay Band live at The Whisky A-Go Go on February 1, 2007. This track is called "Season Of The Mind" and was a staple of my band in this era. It was quite a thrill to grace the stage at The Whisky. The Police reunited there later that week a I recall. "Season Of The Mind" appears on my "Red" CD, which can be enjoyed at jeffersonjay.bandcamp.com

The Jefferson Jay Band as it was in this video featured Damon Stoll on bass, Johnny Avelar on drums and The Soul Man on guiro. Here's me wishing Damon and Johnny, who I don;t see so often these days awesome life adventures.

TAGS: Jefferson Jay, Soul Man, Damon Stoll, Steely Dan, Johnny Avelar, Whisky, Whisky A-Go Go, Sunset Strip, Hollywood, Los Angeles, Jim Morrison, The Doors, positive difference, rock

No comments: