Sunday, January 23, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 54

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 60 Peanut Butter and Jelly - 4-20-2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRwcY5KuCEM

Today's archival video features two nice young men named Peanut Butter and Jelly. They're also names John and Joe, but Peanut Butter and Jelly's more fun. Here, they appear in their classic Peanut Butter and Jelly-colored sweatsuits at a 4-20 concert in 2009. 4/40 is a pretty big holiday here in our little villa of Ocean Beach, not quite as big as Halloween, but far bigger than Arbor Day. This duo is Jay and Silent Bob-ish I find and here they are with a humorous number, Jesus Is My Hit-Man."

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 60 "Escaping From Alcatraz"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u50LLAwk6RI

"Escaping From Alcatraz" is a tune I wrote in late 2008 for use with my new side project at the time, The Greens of Mind. The Greens of Mind are (from L to R) myself on guitar, Barbara Tolbert on vocals, Charlotte James on violin and guitar and Justin Mills on cello and guitar. We had a lot of chemistry sand things just came together very naturally for The Greens then. We got some gigs, wrote some tunes and had some fun. This was recorded at a local 4-20 party we played back in 2009. A good time was had by all.

"Escaping From Alcatraz" is about getting away from a bad situation. I heard someone describe it once as an anti-love song. I don't know. Behold "Escaping From Alcatraz."

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 60 "Another Brick In The Wall, Part Two" by Pink Floyd" - 4-20-2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibwSAy1P8sk

Thought this one was here, Glad I looked. Heading up to Orange County here in a few to see a friend and watch some NFL Conference Championship game action. Go Jets! I had a feeling this was here and it will do quite nicely for today's cover. Here, The Greens of Mind cover Pink Floyd's Another Brick In The Wall, Part Two " at a 4-20 celebration from 2009. If you don't know why folks here celebrate 4-20, I'm not gonna tell you. Well, here's a hint, it's kind of like Earth Day but not exactly. Close.

This is one of the coolest tunes off one of my favorite albums ever, "The Wall." The Greens of Mind are a side project I still play in from time to time. We were really rockin' in 2009. The Greens of Mind are (from L to R) myself on guitar, Barbara Tolbert on vocals, Charlotte James on violin and guitar and Justin Mills on cello and guitar. Hail The Greens of Mind! The name means clean up (or green) your mind and the rest of the world will follow... or something like that. I'm going to Orange County. See you.

No comments: