Saturday, January 15, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 46

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 52 "Shhhh..."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvMmXeMwoPk

This number appears on my "Great Story" CD in the pivotal 8 spot. I like to put something special at number 8 on my CDs whenever possible. Ya gotta figure people sticking around have been listening awhile at that point so I like to give something that will keep em on their toes. Plus, 8 is my favorite number. It is the symbol for infinity, a concept I adore. And it was Troy Aikman's number, my favorite quarterback on my favorite team, so I like 8. Here is a live version, straight from the classroom, all capoed up. Shhhh... it's OK...

The metaphor in this song "I like to ride my bike right into the bushes" refers to the phenomena when you do something over and over again even though you know its' not good for you....in case you were wondering.

TAGS: Shhh, Shhhh, Shh, it's OK, Jefferson Jay, Great Story, ride bike, bicycle, bush, make a mistake, mistake, crash, oops, boo-boo, 8, Aikman, metaphor, music

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 52 "Give Peace A Chance" by John Lennon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMFBecHJBgI

Gotta love the concept of this tune, unless you're blood-thirsty war hawk, I suppose, one of those folks Lennon was imploring to try peace out for a day to see what they thought. Where's the money to be made in that? Seriously. We've been at war for 9 years now almost. Will it ever end? Hate to be a pessimist, but I doubt it. To the people in charge, money is paramount and people are waste paper products. What can you do? Observe peace? I do.

TAGS: John Lennon, capitalism, peace, war, bloodshed, give peace a chance, try peace, Jefferson Jay, acoustic guitar, gibson, ocean beach, california, beatles

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 52 Destructo Bunny With Jefferson Jay, Andy Davis and The Soul Man - 12-6-2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NONnTv1mIEg

Consider this a little preview of what audiences in Merced, CA will be receiving tonight when I step on stage with the Rapping Rabbit as he prepares to re-relocate to Ocean Beach. Congratulations to James (The Bunny's real name) and Amanda (his fiancee) on their pending move. I'm happy I can help. I was a guest on Destructo Bunny's recent release "The OB Experience." I highly recommend you find it online and check it out. He did a very nice job on the record.

This clip is from the end of Destructo's set at my 2008 "12 Hours of Free Music" concert held on December 6, 2008. Here, he is joined on stage by myself on vocals, Andy Davis on drums and The Soul Man on guiro. The Bunny freestyles. Most of the time, he is making up the words as he goes on. It was an amazing night and we had tons of fun. To more of these, I raise my metaphorical glass and we drink.

TAGS: Destructo Bunny, Merced, 12 Hours, Free Music, drums, Andy Davis, rap, freestyle, Soul Man, guiro, hip hop, latin percussion, Jefferson Jay, December, San Diego, Ocean Beach, Amanda, California

youtube had me add these TAGS to this video: "live band" "east european music" "albanian music" keyboard albanian "mix tape"

NOTE: Albanian? Albanian music? Does the Bunny look Albanian? Albania? youtube is clearly attorney for the side of randomness in this ongoing debate.

No comments: