Saturday, January 29, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 60

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 66 "Cat Strays" - Live at The Whisky A-Go Go - 2-1-2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3q8kqFr0kjw

I am continuing to post the rest of the clips of The Jefferson Jay Band live at The Whisky A-Go Go on February 1, 2007. This track is called "Cat Strays" and it features some exceptional bassery by thumping funk machine, Damon Stoll. Damon and I co-wrote this jamboree. "Cat Strays" appears on my "Red" CD, which can be enjoyed at jeffersonjay.bandcamp.com

The Jefferson Jay Band as it was in this video featured Damon Stoll on bass, Johnny Avelar on drums and The Soul Man on guiro.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 66 "In The Midnight Hour" by Wilson Pickett
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FScD3XxWus4

I think Wilson Pickett had some help writing this number, but he gets credit here. Look it up if youwanna know who helped him pen it. I did, but I already forgot. I had never played "In The Midnight Hour" before recording it yesterday. Former Jefferson Jay Band bassist Damon Stoll used to wanna do this tune, but it never came to fruition so I will dedicate this attempt to him. I miss him and fondly remember all the good time we had long ago. I had fun busting out "In The Midnight Hour."

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 66 "Do You Feel Free" - Live at The Whisky A-Go Go - 2-1-2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqaSEUMaIW8

Operation 365 marches on, posting the rest of the clips of The Jefferson Jay Band live at The Whisky A-Go Go on February 1, 2007. This track is called "Do You Feel Free" and it was co-written by a former Songwriting and Collaboration student of mine, Peter Nairn. I called him Sir Peter Nairn, arguing that the only reason others had been knighted and not him was that he had sold less records. (He's British, by the way.) The way I see it, that's not really his fault, now is it? He is a musician, not a record company exec. Peter was really fun to hang out and write with and I hope we get to do it again some day. "Do You Feel Free" appears on my "Red" CD, which can be enjoyed at jeffersonjay.bandcamp.com

The Jefferson Jay Band as it was in this video featured Damon Stoll on bass, Johnny Avelar on drums and The Soul Man on guiro. Playing the Whisky was a dream I had for years and it was much fun.

No comments: