Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 50

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 56 Will Edwards - 12-6-2008

This clip of my buddy Will Edwards was recorded at my 12 Hours of Free Music concert on December 6, 2008. I posted it in honor of the coffee I am about to go get with Will in Hillcrest right now. Will is a talented and intelligent individual. He is, among many other things, Vice President of the San Diego Musicians Collective, a non-profit I started to help music and musicians in San Diego (go to sdmusicians.org for a free account). He is also my webmaster and a fine producer/touring songwriter. Hopefully, he can help rehabilitate my website, (www.jeffersonjay.com) easily. Even though all my CDs are available for donation there, (literally, any price you choose is acceptable) I have only had one taker and that was a lady whose little child loved my "Yellow" CD so much they played it out and she needed a new one. That was pretty cool. See you soon Will. Better head over before I'm too late.

Coffee with Will was a gas. He told me Operation 365 was a colossal waste of time. He said it extremely politely and I was not offended in the least.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 56 "Hurts So Good" by John Cougar Mellencamp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UHzK8cKUUY

I can't say I'm a huge Mellencamp fan, cause I'm not (and that would be lying). But I think this song is funny, specifically cause it is so creepy and perverted. I wonder how many people actually noticed that it's a pervy tune written from the perspective of an older guy who likes young girls. I didn't until I played it. Well, with that said, I think it's pretty funny. And it has a nice melody too. I hope you like my "Hurts So Good"

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 56 "Quinn"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXyiDktcnM8

Not too shabby. I think I am entering a phaser of naturally rediscovering old tunes and I feel great about it. "Quinn," I wrote about 12 years ago. It was written about Quinn, who was the first born child of my friends' Ryan and Cheryl Horvath. I mentioned them all in the blog yesterday (jeffersonjay.blogspot.com). It's about him, but I think anybody whose every had a baby, boy or girl, can really relate to this song and get into it. They lived in the middle of the nature so that's the setting for this number. I hadn't played it in years. Considering, I am very pleased with how it came out. Peace to Horvaths everywhere. I miss you.

NOTE: I decided to make my videos close-up for fun.

NOTE 2: youtube is slower then ever at uploading today.

No comments: