Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 36

Today is my 42nd day of doing Operation 365and yesterday 42 was the mega number in the mega millions. Now if anything were by chance to be random, that right there might be a solid candidate

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 42 "Sailor" by Jason Burleson w/Paul Ruiz - 9-28-2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQEPZDlwA8w

This clip marks Operation 365 moving on from "Old Friends, New Faces" and welcoming back a couple familiar faces to this program. Two of my dearest friends Jason Burleson and Paul Ruiz (trumpet) rock out here on one of my favorite Burleson tunes, "Sailor." Call it double entendre, snarky, sexy or symbolic, "Sailor" tells a story you can listen to again and again. This "Sailor" was recorded at my Open Mic on September 28, 2010.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 42 "Hit The Road" with Paul Ruiz on trumpet and Adrianna Martin-Morningstar on vocals, co-written with Leanne Pearl and Adrianna Martin-Morningstar - 8-31-10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS_0WcVNYlI

This song is a little bit of a long story I don't feel like explaining right now, but never fear I explain it at the beginning of the clip. Whew. But to make a long story short, I presented Leanne Pearl and Adrianna Martin-Morningstar with the 20-minute Songwriting Challenge days before this recording. They accepted and 20 minutes later we had written, performed and recorded this pretty darn neat tune. So here is it's debut, recorded live at my Open Mic on 8-31-2010. Enjoy!

In retrospect, that was actually a pretty short story.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 42 "I've Been Working On The Railroad"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Noic4ET6XNg

I had dirty tunes in the archives the last two days. I've been adding in more clips from my most recent Open Mic so to stay with the motif of having new motifs I will use the Covers category to provide another number of a traditional nature. This one is one I've always love, "I've Been Working On The Railroad," and while I've never worked on a railroad per se, I have fantasized about being one of those arch-villains from old movies who ties damsels in distress to the tracks and I have done other types of work on many occasions. In a similar vein, although I've never met a woman named Dinah, I have met women with a wide variety of other monikers. Thank you for reading.

No comments: