Saturday, January 22, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 53

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 59 "Cricket The Happy Dog"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXX5IyTY6o0

Staying on the tip of tunes I wrote with kids (form yesterday), this is one of the most memorable ditties from that unique club. I worked at Ocean Knoll Elementary for a year doing music and the daughter of a man named T.J. Tognazzini was in my class. A personable, young lady, her mother worked at the school her class collaborated with me on this future hit. A lovely couple, Mr. and Mrs. T.J. Tognazzini, are. He is the front man for a band named Buckfast Superbee. He was kind enough to have to his house once and a lovely time was had by all. In any case, this song was written about their dog, Cricket, who is indeed very cute. Cuter than my superpooch Angel? Well, that's a question for another day.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 59 Blowski with The Soul Man - 8-18-2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAM1n8grvOY

Two of my best buds ever - Blowski and The Soul Man - are featured in this video. I play in two bands with this heroic duo. For my band, The Jefferson Jay Band, Blowski plays keys and for his band, Acoustic Booze, I reprise the role of Hank Hammerlock, drummer. We have much fun. My life is so much richer for knowing these two exceptional gentlemen. This is Blowski's jam "Manhunt" which happens to be one of my favorites. This version comes with handy explanation of what the song's about immediately following. How convenient.

The Soul Man is 92 and inspires everyone who runs across him with his thirst for life, love, music, the groove, and occasionally copious amounts of tequila. His instrument is called the guiro. Soul Man defended our nation in World War II and the Korean War and has lived in San Diego since 1918 when he was born. I anticipate jamming out with these cats and several other tonight up and Blowski's and I straight up can't wait. Put that in your Bart Scott... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7KSkZxt_zo ...and smoke it.

NOTE: There's an extra space between the "Man" part of Soul Man in my little credits. A pret peeve of mine is when I do stuff like that.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 59 "Amie" by Pure Prairie League
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Za3JHdST0c

I've been saving "Amie" for just a day like today. Tired. Not so much tired as much as not really feeling like doing this right now. Feeling like doing other things. So I recorded this tune a few weeks back, back in 2010, the day I did "Buffalo Soldier." I would've used it. I thought it was OK, but I had a few mild reservations about whether this was a satisfactory version of a tune aI like a fair amount. F those reservations right in their reservation keesters. Who needs reservations anyway? What do they think is is, Nobu? It's not. It's Operation 365 and and this is gonna do just fine for today. Peace.

No comments: