Monday, January 4, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 11

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - BONUS - 11 "Hurts So Good" by John Cougar Mellencamp For the third time in 11 days, I accidentally covered a tune that I did in the first 365. Having a better memory might help. So here's another bonus and I still need a cover. This a lounge-inspired version of the Mellencamp hit. Nigel and Dan Ratcliffe on guitar also appear here. On second thought, I'm not gonna share this one. I changed my mind again. Hail cropping. Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 11 "To Love Somebody" by The Bee Gees To execute a project the magnitude of an Operation 365, there will be many cases in which you have to rely on supreme creativity. In this case, the adversity caused by accidentally covering tunes I'd already done in three of the first 11 days, led to me sharing this unique little version of "To Love Somebody." Daniel Ratcliffe stars on vocals, guitar, and actually knowing the song. Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words - 11 "Great Gratitude" Once again I am joined my good friend Dan and Los Nigel. I am very grateful for this life. And thanks to Ted Caplaneris for letting me use his truck too. Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 11 "Limbo" by Jefferson Jay I have made several appearances on The Scott and BR Show over the last year and a half or so. This is a terrific afternoon drive time sports radio on The Mighty 1090, 1090 AM, here in San Diego. Billy Ray is a former San Diego Charger linebacker and Scott Kaplan is a sideline reporter for NFL games on CBS. They are great friends with great radio banter and I've had a lot of fun writing funny songs about he CHargers and the Padres for their show. The San Diego Chargers might be moving to LA next year. They might not. This precarious status quo has been in place for almost 14 years. The Chargers' stadium here sucks. SD can't afford a new one and The Spanos family, who owns the Chargers smells enormous profits a hundred some-odd miles to the north. So I wrote this song for Scott and BR, some months ago. The only thing that's changed since then is Chargers QB Phil Rivers signed a huge contract extension. I had to change a line because of that. Nothing else is changed. Long-time Charger fanatics are depressed and almost ready to wash their hands of the team, for whom their love is not enough. It's sad, actually. Here's a positive resolution. Of this and all our other problems as a society too. Real problems. Not just how many more millions must a millionaire make.

No comments: