Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 33

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals – 33 “Venture On (Uncaged)” by Jefferson Jay


I wrote “Venture On (Uncaged)” a few weeks ago when David Bowie died. I was moved by how moved everybody was when he died and thought a lot about what that meant about his Earthly contributions. This song applauds his efforts and wishes him the best in his transformation into being dead and all that encompasses. It is pretty.


I named it "Uncaged" for two reasons. One is literally leaving the cage of body to venture on freely as a soul and the other is because the chords on the verse part are C Am G Em Dm, with the capo on the 5th fret. I like to do stuff like that sometimes. Live on, David Bowie, Glenn Frey, Abe Vigoda and all the other righteous dead folks.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers – 33 “Walking on Sunshine” – Katrina and the Waves

Today was a tough one for finding a cover. I let myself feel the 365 pressure a tad. It was exhilarating. We walked on sunshine though and got it done. Cheers to Paul Ruiz for moral support and Katrina and the Waves. Did Katrina really write this song? I’m going to check. No. Kimberley Rew wrote it. Thanks, Kimb. I enjoyed playing your song today. Hooray for this fun 80s jam.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 33 "Coffee and Pants Don't Mix"


Folks, today, I was checking to see if my coffee cup was leaking like it does form time to time and… It was. Then, the lid popped off and was billowing coffee from all sides. I was operating a motor vehicle at this time. A stick shift van as a matter of fact, but somehow, I managed to keep hold of the cup and the lid and control of the van and nobody died. Even better than that, I only spilled a small amount of my hot coffee all over my legs, steering wheel, car seat and floor. Most of the beverage was somehow safely recaptured into the “resealed” leaky cup. It was a thrill ride in the AM.


Then I began the arduous process of attempting to clean my car, dry myself and minimize spreading of coffee everywhere, all while safely driving to work on the highway. It worked out and it inspired this Public Service Announcement from the Operation 365, our second, I believe. Folks, levity aside, be careful with coffee and I really need to go change my pants.

No comments: