Sunday, January 17, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 24

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 24 “Hurtful Words


Yesterday, immediately upon posting my “Feel the Bern” video, I was deeply disheartened to discover four comments of a less than friendly nature on my video. Not very gentlemanly behaviors, Alpha Omega… if that’s your REAL name…  Well, taker this, this alleged “liberal loon” is no stranger to sticking up for himself. Feel the Bern, bruh. I love you anyway, Alpha Omega. Take that.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers – 24 “At the Hop” by Danny & the Juniors

According to Wikipedia, today is Wikipedia’s 15th birthday. Happy Birthday ‘Peed. I am so skeptical of the Intent and it’s accuracy, I struggle to even believe that they are right about their own birthday.

Peed also said “At the Hop" was written by Artie Singer, John Medora, and David White,” and this,

“On the 2008 nationally-televised PBS documentary Wages of Spin: Dick Clark, American Bandstand and the Payola Scandals,[6] Singer claimed that Dick Clark would not play "At the Hop" without receiving half of the publishing proceeds. Singer agreed to make the payments and called the situation "bittersweet" because although he didn't like having to give the money, he credited his success in the music industry to Clark and therefore was grateful to him. Payola was not illegal at the time and Clark sold the song prior to the 1960 payola hearings.”

WTF, Dick! Not cool.

Hope you enjoy this #1 hit from 1958 on a glorious Sunday on Earth.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals – 24 “I Love the Law”

On a trip to Colorado a couple of years ago, I was deeply moved by the trust the state government placed in me. They felt, apparently, that as an adult, I have the right to decide what is best for me and what I want to do with my own body, time, mind, and money. I truly appreciated their trust and enjoyed being treated like a grown-up in this manner. It was refreshing and surreal.

So, I did as we songwriters do, and wrote a song about these sensations I was sensing. I actually wrote five, but this is the first one to make it to the 365. Enjoy freedom. It feels good.


No comments: