Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 19

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers – 19 “Space Oddity” by David Bowie

“Space Oddity” is another incredible David Bowie song. There are so many. More than I know. I guess that’s the beauty of leaving behind such a thick, rich musical legacy; that people, for generations, can get to know David Bowie although he has matriculated from this plane.  Music and art are pretty cool in that way. Cheers to David Bowie. Thanks for all you did as a living person. Being an incredible spirit… Hey, we all need new challenges.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals – 19 “Rosanne” by Jefferson Jay

It seems everyone has a favorite aunt. I asked the special senior citizen folks I work with. I love them so much. What a delightful and appreciative bunch of folks. Honestly. They agreed with that hypothesis. So, it’s my favorite aunt’s birthday. I’ll give you one guess what her name is. I just wrote this song for her today. It’s already 6:57PM back East, where she is, so I best get to it if I want her to hear her birthday song on her special day. There’s no time to share the context for all these memories shared in these lyrics, but suffice it to say, they are very closely based on a true story. Like Fargo… but actually based on a true story.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 19 "Words on Nancy" 10-16-2015


Tomorrow is a big day on the 365 and I prefer to get into it more then, but as sort 
of a precursor, here's a few words I said on October 16, 2015 at an event tributing the life, times and music of my dear friend, Don Truesdail, who passed away on January 13, 2009. This event was put on by Nancy Truesdail, his widow and a fine musician in her own right. They are both two of my dearest friends and I can say without pause, that everything wise I know about love, I learned from watching them. So there'll be more about this in the couple days to come. Hail Don, Nancy, everyone and everything Truesdail.

No comments: