Saturday, January 9, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 16

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals – 16 “Inside” by Jefferson Jay


“Inside” is a tune I wrote for and about my friend Robin Lee right before she went off to serve a stint in the pokey for distributing medicine or selling marijuana, depending on whom you ask. Two sides to every story, indeed. “Inside” has a double-meaning, as in “inside” the pokey and “inside” the mind, our mental powers castle. Everything happens for a reason and as this song says, “this must mean there’s work there for you to do.” I’m sure she is making a positive impact on the lives of those around her, like she does. I love Robin and hope to sipping tea with her ASAP. I am beyond grateful to have as a friend.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 16 “Speaking in Tongues”

Always aiming to offer a little of something to everybody here on the 365, today we give you “Speaking in Tongues” I hope this heals you or helps you somehow to have a brighter day. In search of answers to how we can work together to create a better world. Moonachie, Moonachie, Moonachie….

Sidenote: If this doesn’t prove I should be working on sound effects and spooky creatures for the next Star Wars film, I’m afraid nothing will. My heavens, Master Luke.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers – 16 “Jump” by Van Halen


I somehow never covered any Van Halen in the first 365 it appears. How fun to get to do this 80’s classic. 1984… like it was yesterday. David Lee Roth… definitely an influence. Stage Kicks… Yes! Please. Hope you dig my groovy version. It was fun. Jump!

No comments: