Friday, January 8, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 15

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 15 “Giant Freeness” by Jefferson Jay

Are we all born free? I like to think so. I’ve been thinking on this some today as it is the 62nd birthday of a dear friend of mine currently incarcerated in a federal penitentiary for selling marijuana. Marijuana is currently legal for medicinal purposes in 23 US states and legal for recreational purposes (a.k.a. S’s and G’s) in four U.S. States and our nation’s capital, Washington D.C.

http://mic.com/articles/126303/where-is-marijuana-legal-in-the-united-states-list-of-recreational-and-medicinal-states#.EUwsCrexb

Here’s wishing you all a giant freeness and fabulous 2016. Make your Yuletide gay. How do ya spell “freeness”? Frenis?

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals – 15 “The Ballad of Robin Lee”

Here is a song I wrote about a dear friend, whose birthday it is today. #62. I believe. Hope to celebrate it with her some time soon. Here are the lyrics, for anyone who wants to know more of the story. Happy Birthday.

This here number is a talkin’ blues. Hail Woody Guthrie and the USA. Peace.

I just watched this video. I don’t always do that. It’s sad and sounds resentful. I feel positively about everything. A positive attitude is key. Our world has some prove to improve and I have faith things will. It’s a story song. I just happen to know the person in the story. I love America. Like everyone one of us, she has room to improve. I’d love to help.

The Ballad of Robin Lee

G
I had me a friend who was dealin’ weed
         C
She drove it from sea to shining sea
  G
Til she got pulled over in Missouri
 D                                                        G
 Now my friend Robin is federal property

In the state of California where she grew up
Where marijuana’s medicine like Stanley is a Cup
They sell it in the stores up and down the street
For cancer and glaucoma, they say, it can’t be beat

So running prisons is where money’s made
Corporations buy and sell ya, you know they get paid
You be who you are, believe in what you believe
That was the mantra of ole Robin Lee

Now, Robin Lee is 58
In the hands of a judge lies her fragile fate
Her sentencing is late next week
I got lots a hope but it may be bleak

Yeah. what makes a felon in our land today
Murdering innocent people in a land far away?
Nope, that’s another place where profits lie
Where the rich get richer and the innocent die

So here’s to our hero bringing medicine
Across our nation, makin’ new friends
The hypocrisy is painful, she can’t see the light of day
They’ve locked Robin in a closet and the key is thrown away

So what’s the moral of the story in America now
You can’t do shit to make a living, you can’t even push a plow
 Cause most seeds are illegal and the food that we eat
is genetically modified corn-fed meat

There’s a line that we are crossing Are we free to venture back?
Yeah, maybe we are this morning. Where’s the bell for the attack?
The silent revolution is occurring in our minds
Doing what we believe in even if it is a crime

That’s a lesson I learned from Robin Lee
My friend who’s rotting in a penitentiary
An incredible woman, an American seer
Helping people live like that’s the reason that we’re here

Yes, this is ballad of Robin Lee
 A victim of the madness that’s become our country
Where California’s medicine will get you locked away
How much longer ’til they lock you up for what you have to say

 I love you Robin

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers – 15 “Good Guys” by Robin Lee

This is a song by an incredible woman named Robin Lee. Robin is wise and it is an honor and a thrill to share some of her wisdom. “Always remember you’re a good guy and good guy is what you’ll always be.” – Robin Lee

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - BONUS – 15 “Good Guys” by Robin Lee

Had so much fun doing this tune today, I decided to do it twice. Then I figured, I’m not gonna have much use for this second one if you don’t share it here today. So, “sharing is caring” prevails again. “And I’m feelin’ good.” – Nina Simone

No comments: