Saturday, January 16, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 23

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 23 “Feel the Bern”


Wrestling-style promos are too often underutilized as a way to make impactful statements. Martin Luther King Jr. knew this and this is one of the reasons he rules. Very charismatic and captivating. Perhaps just a few notches back on the charismatic and captivating scale, is Democratic presidential hopeful, Bernie Sanders.

While I do find his policies, what I know of them anyway, to be extremely exciting, I wondered if they could be even-more electrifying, if read in the manner of a WWE superstar. Bernie, if you can use this, you have my blessing. I am available any time you want time to read any of your ideas to the people. Feel the Bern and enjoy my dramatic reading of this email I from  Bernie via MoveOn.org earlier this week.

Peace

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers – 23 “I Will Survive” by Gloria Gaynor/Cake

One of the big events of 2015 for us was New Year’s Eve, when our Jefferson Jay Band played a very fun show at Ocean Beach’s Mother’s Saloon. At this moment of our show, a young lady came up and asked us to play Cake. I don’t know any Cake and resorted to wise remarks about how we went to school together, Cake guy and I, which isn’t true.

Our guitarist, Dan Ratcliffe, on the other hand, had a plan, he launched into those chords that start “I Will Survive,” and the band followed. I danced and laid out mostly except for some stirring backup vocals and the rest is music history. At one point in the song, you can see girl’s hand put five bucks in the tip pitcher. I gave it to Dan. He earned it.

Shoutouts to Freddie Perren and Dino Fekaris for actually writing this song.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals – 23 “Erin and Dave”

Big event of the day/week/year is today over on the Sunset Cliffs here in OB. Two of our dear friends Erin and Dave are getting married and they generously chose me to perform the ceremony. I wrote this ditty for them and will play it in addition to whatever wise words I can muster, before pronouncing them man and wife.

Last night, my wife, Leanne, her pop, Tom and I recorded a special version of “Erin and Dave,” for the soon-to-be newlyweds and our Internet audience abroad. So, enjoy! Happy days!




No comments: