Saturday, January 30, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 37

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals – 37 “I Love Cats” – by Jefferson Jay

I had the pleasure of working at Jefferson Elementary School. It appears I’ve made quite an impression there as they’re put my name on the building. Today, after we sung our songs for chorus class, we embarked on a songwriting expedition and this happened, “I Love Cats.” I am allergic but that is neither here nor there. I would like to thank the boys and girls and Google for offering up all these cute cat pix.

Seems fitting to shout out to some of my favorite cat brethren while we’re at it. Uma, LapTop, Simba RIP Shout out to Oscar and Felix for making me like cats as a youth before I got allergic. Additional huge props to Roscoe and Nathan Truesdail and Sneakers, The Professor and the rest of the Dirty Dozen for representing for cats like they do. Solid.

Special mention goes to Jim the Cat, who lived in our kitchen window until we found him a home. What a cutie.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers – 37 “Just an Old-Fashioned Love Song” by Paul Williams

I’ve loved “Just an Old-Fashioned Love Song,” since I was a little kid, probably in part, because my research tells me Paul Williams performed it on The Muppet Show in 1976. I loved my some Muppet show back then. And that Paul Williams was a pretty likable-looking diminutive fellow. Still is presumably. So when this song popped into my head this morning, I decided to go for it. I was a bit more challenging then I’d hoped, having never played it before. And it took more tries then any 365 2 song so far. Worth it, though, ’cause it was fun and I made it though. Apparently Paul offered it to The Carpenters, who passed and it wound up with Three Dog Night who did this with it.


That brought me lots of joy this morning and I hope we can route some of that joy straight to you

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 37 “Elephant Endorsement”

Presidential hopeful Bernie Sanders picks up another key endorsement on today’s 365 from some politically astute wildlife in my living room. Sanders’ momentum is palpable and the intensity of people’s affection for this idealistic political maverick is so thick you can cut it with a knife. Now that Sanders has captured the key elephant demographic, the GOP may be on the lookout for a new mascot. I believe the stinkbug remains available.

No comments: