Sunday, January 31, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 38

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers – 38 “The Love Cats” – by The Cure


Still feeling the cat motif from yesterday and this is where I landed. Back in the 80s, some pals Scott Baslaw and Eugene Lew turned me on to some of the new wave hits that were happening then and that is when I became aware of “The Love Cats.” Even though this is sort of a tongue-in-cheek, playful version of this tune, I actually really like “The Love Cats.” Thanks to Robert Smith, the godfather of emo. I don’t like emo much, not for me, anyway, but I do like “The Love Cats”

Shout out to Colorado’s love cat, Chase Livingston.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals – 38 “Sending Love Letters to the Moon (My Love)” by Jefferson Jay

I mentioned a few weeks back, my dog Angel died. It was six months ago next week. While I still miss her hugely, I have come to terms with it some, but it was not easy. I was devastated and not myself for weeks, maybe even months. I guess that’s what happens when you lose your guiding light for over fifteen years. Names are powerful and she was, and still is, my Angel.

One of the ways. I processed those emotions was by writing songs about how I felt. It may be the best thing about being an artist or a songwriter, having the outlet for your feelings when they need to get out. So I wrote her this tune and it was one of the final steps in my dealing with missing her so much.

I know many other people lose beloved pets every day. My hope is that this song can bring some relief to other people grieving loved ones and help them find some peace. It helped me that way.


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 38 “Death is Not A Game?”


I considered naming this video, “Some Semblance of Sanity,” but then I thought nobody would know what it was about. They still might not. I am outraged by high school football. Eleven children died playing the game or on the practice field in 2015 and that is 11 more than OK in my opinion. No game is worth that toll on families, communities, and most importantly, those students who lost their lives.

The purpose of school and even growing up is to learn how to be a safer and smarter human and how to contribute to the betterment of our society and our world. What has happened to these boys is the opposite, sent out to play a deadly game by family and school staff. Maybe people are idealistic or naïve, but this is happening and hiding from it any longer is foolish. I pray as a race, the human race, we smarten up and stop pretending things are one way when we’ve clearly learned by no that they are not.

Let’s protect our children and stop calling this massacre a game. Even those who survive, do not unscathed. If ending war and extreme greed which begats extreme disparity (a.k.a. sharing) is too much to ask, then maybe we can at least leave this brutal violent game to paid professional adults, who at least have the adult ability to decide what is best for them

So, I am trying to decide if I want to post my new tune, “Death Is Not a Game,” which I wrote on this matter. I want to shed light and express my feeling that this unacceptable. At the same time, I do not wish to add pain and suffering to the families that lost more any “game” should ever take. I would like feedback. If not, I will have to decide myself. Dr. Omalu, can you hear me? I need your advice.



No comments: