Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 12

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 12 "I Will" by The Beatles The biggest thing that's changed since the last 365 ended in 2011 is that my girlfriend, Leanne is now my wife, Leanne, and I'm stoked. I love her a whole bunch and for our life, I am deeply grateful. Shame on me for not getting to to it sooner than 12 days into this second Operation 365. Leanne wasn't feeling 100% today so I figured I'd dedicate today's offerings to her and put my "love" money where my mouth is. By this I mean, I've spent some time talking about love here and it's enough talking. Time to show. Love, represent. So, to this aim I offer Leanne, and whole world wide web, this version of one of The Beatles' most beautiful love songs, "I Will." Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 12 "I Love My Girl" by Jefferson Jay At the end of the year, I like to reflect and take accounts of where I am and how I got there over the past 365 days. Maybe it is the history guy in me, but I like the perspective it offers and the New Year is very helpful to me as a point of demarcation. So at the end of 2012, I was feeling much warmth towards my family and decided I'd write and record a song for each beloved member of my household. At that time, that included, my then-girlfriend and now wife, Leanne, our young pup, Nigel and my long-time guardian angel, the legendary pooch, Angel. A fourth song, "One I Can Count On," was a love song written to my iPhone and "Happy Birthday Jesus" wound up getting written in this burst, too. So I plan to share all of these jams in the 365, but this one goes first. It's called, "I Love My Girl," and it lays out pretty explicitly, why I think Leanne is so extremely wife-worthy, in my humble opinion. Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words - 12 "Green Eggs and Ham" by Dr. Seuss So, I've been enjoying sharing words with everyone, but I feel a constant need to keep it fresh. What better way to do that than this dramatic reading of a little story some of you may recall from your childhood, "Green Eggs and Ham." I like sharing my words, but other people have their own deep messages and one thing we aim not to be on this here 365 is myopic. This piece's author, Theodore Geisel, aka Dr. Seuss, lived just up the road in La Jolla, until his passing in 1991 and I feel Brother Seuss I feel him in a Mr. Rogers sort of way. A Bob Ross sort-of-way. Artists that just sorta PBS-speak to ya. So I figured on this day of torrential downpour in "America's Finest City," I'd strap on my Yeti costume and orate for your viewing pleasure. Dig.

No comments: