Friday, January 1, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 8

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words - 8 "Happy 2016" Very grateful and optimistic entering the new year, 2016. We had a wonderful and inspiring night playing at Mother's New Year's Eve with The Jefferson Jay Band. Our good friend, and kick-ass OB conscious MC, Destructo Bunny also delivered a stirring performance. Cheers to a fabulous journey in 2016. Peace and love. Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 8 "Lemon Tree" by Jefferson Jay While recording our deeply moving rendition of "Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do)" by Christopher Cross, I was struck my the understated majesty of my lemon tree. I felt like I had truly arrived as a Californian when I moved into a place with my own fruit tree. Not so many fruit trees where I'm from in Jersey. Maple's not a fruit? Oak? So my tree became muse, as I hit record and wrote this tune. Hail "Lemon Tree." I thank thee. For being part of me. Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 8 "Arthur's Theme” by Christopher Cross Today, the 365 offers a very serious rendition of a very serious song, "Arthur's Theme (Best That You Can Do)" by Christopher Cross, with some help from Burt Bacharach, and Carole Bayer Sager. I am joined by Daniel Ratcliffe, Leanne Pearl and Lemon Tree. Here's to a great 2016 for everyone. Much fun and great growth. Woo hoo.

No comments: