Thursday, September 1, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 252

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 252 “We're Gonna Find”



Sometimes in life, we just have to wing it. It can be scary, but it can also be very gratifying. One of the things I've enjoyed about doing these here 365s is hitting record and writing a song on the spot. My next CD will be out soon hopefully. It is my 7th and features 12 numbers that I wrote for the first Operation 365. You know you are creating something that wouldn't have existed outside that moment of inspiration.

That's how “We're Gonna Find” was born. I was feeling a little gospel-y groove and laid it out. It felt nice. All from whatever part of our brian makes up stuff. Love to you. May we all find the answers and bask in the fruits of efforts. Happy Labor Day weekend.


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 252 “Chicken Dance” by Werner Thomas

In the course of doing my work thing, folks issue requests and I attempt to oblige. Tuesday, someone requested the “Chicken Dance” so I let my fingers walk the fingerboard and figure out the melody to that party hit. It took a second or two to find that familiar groove, but the next thing you know, the funky chicken was in the gazebo. 

I am extremely grateful for this opportunity to share this space and our lives. Thank you for your time and attention. I value it highly. XOXO. Love



Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words - 252 “Half a Chat”


Are you one of those people who is constantly getting friendly with your phone. There's millions of 'em out there. Games. The internet. The Phone. There's a million things people are doing out in public with these gizmos and it's well past silly. It's still a little silly (hah-ha fun) but it's also quite silly (absurd.) In either case, I accept. I embrace. It's the only way. 

So, here is a small sample of the kinds of talks you'll hear these days if you go anywhere ever, The supermarket, the post office. A bus. Wherever people go. Lovely for you, you get to stare into my love-filled facey and listen as I converse. Dare to dream. Thank God the internet exists. May you find this charming (sweet) and not charming (like a snake-charmer). May not find this Charmin. I don't care how soft the stuff is. I'm no one's TP. Speaking of TP, anyone found a good adult to vote for? I am undecided, but beyond that, unimpressed. I'd rather watch a video of me talking to myself than vote for this current crop of candidates. In fact, I just did. And then I chose to share it with the world. Silly life. 

No comments: