Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 258

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 258 “Borderline” by Madonna
  
Unexpected events occurring in tis 365 include me covering Madonna as much as I have. Equally unlikely is how much fun I've had doing it. There is no replacement for nostalgia. So down the road, we continue. I am so grateful to be able to cover Madonna. Unreal, life is. I never would have imagined. Any of it. 

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 258 “I Am the Lion"


“I Am the Lion" is a little thing I wrote on a piece of paper a long time ago. Two little verses. Two chords. This piece of paper kicked around for years before finding it's home in the folder with all the other random scraps I wrote and saved. Eventually, I typed it up. When I went to play what I typed today, I realized it was wrong. The F's and G's come twice as fast as I'd put down. Whoa. I figured it out.

Like writing it down, saving it, and now typing it, I have now taken yet another step to get this little number lodged in history. Resilient little envelope. The point of the song is we are all one, we are all everything. We are the kings of our own jungles. Or something like that. "I Am the Lion." The September call-up of songs.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words - 258 “Too Many Mergers”


Is anybody else getting sick of every huge corporation eating it's competition and growing closer to a world with one company, one capitalist supreme being that conquers all others? Woo-hoo. What fun. How great. Success! 

What really pushed me over the top was Disney's recent purchase of Fleetwood Mac. As great as "Rhiannon" will be on The Pirates of the Caribbean, I still think it's wrong. "Tusk" on the teacups? I don't know. It's just tough getting used to it. 

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - BONUS - 258 "Headstrong"


I believe it was Day 1 of this here 365 2 when I first introduced "Headstrong" to the world. "Headstrong" is one of the many loving songs I wrote about my departed and beloved pooch, Angel. I was never completely thrilled with my version that I posted. Time is a factor in 365 Land.

Well, today I had a few extra minutes and a little inspiration so I decided to play it again... Sam.

Here it is, one more time, for anyone anywhere who cares. I do. I love you, Angel. Let's throw this one out to all the headstrong females on the planet too. Lots of love, ladies. 

No comments: