Friday, September 30, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 281

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers – 281 “Chain of Fools” by Aretha Franklin



“Chain of Fools” is actually by Don Covay, for those of you keeping score at home. Busy days. I subbed for music today at a local junior high. Tonight our Fall 2016 edition of Acoustic Evenings at The Athenaeum kicks off. I am very excited. My long time friends Charbra will be featured as will my pal, Annie Rettic and my newest friend Trish, the lead singer for the great reggae group, HIRIE.

It is going to be a great night for the women of California acoustic amazingness. I am fired up. Tired out too though. Oh, the dichotomy. Here, I rocked out on some Chain of Fools.” Folks, let’s never act like fools. May we carry ourselves with grace, respect, humility, and love always. Peace


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals– 281 “Happy Halloween”


Clearly, I jumped the gun a wee tad on this one, but it’s OK. Like in my seminal classic “Killing’s Wrong,” I improvise the lyrics every time, so maybe I’ll offer up another version in the “Words” section on Oct. 31. We shall see. Until then, here we are having some fun with this little jam, I concocted at work about four years ago. I’ve had a ton of fun playing it over the years and think if I ever become known by a larger group of folks, this could be a song with some real legs. It’s fun, just like Halloween. That’s why. Dig it. Boo!

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 281 “Chargers Lose”



The San Diego Chargers returned again to their Charger-y ways, charging their way to another pathetic defeat last Sunday. Compared to San Diego, Indianapolis is the City of Champions, but that’s nobody’s fault besides the Chargers and Padres. Plenty of winners here, just none of them are on out professional sports teams. So here, we laugh and make light of it a little, ‘cause it’s not like there’s some magic words we can say to make them winners. Instead we swim in a little reality and tell it like it is. The Chargers could move next year, and they might, and it would have no effect on how many Super Bowls San Diego ever gets. Sad, but it sure beats real problems, like having a self-absorbed hatriarch (copyright Me, 2016) tied in the race to lead out land. Vote Phil Rivs, the true Father of our Country.

No comments: