Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 278

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers – 278 “Wrap It Up” by The Fabulous Thunderbirds



Enjoyed myself at work today. Extremely grateful. Happy to share a few instants of fun. I was getting jolly with some Fab Thunds after lunch. I’d like to say more. It’s 8:20. I haven’t eaten. Just having time to type this now. Love you. One-third blog wrapped up.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals – 278 “No Way, Jose”


I am still feeling the pain of Miami, of the Fernandez family and the Marlin organization. I looked at some pictures. Sometimes a smile says everything that needs to be said. I saw smiles like that on the pictures posted of a pitcher as great as any in the short time he played.

As a young man, I lost my best friend. It was the formative experience in my life. It changed me completely. What I thought was important and why, forever transformed. I am glad those changes happened. I miss my friend. Of course. In life, one of the strongest, most admirable things we can do is push through extreme adversity. It helps us grow in ways we could never imagine. There is an enormous price. Loss. Pain. Devastation. Questioning everything. This is natural. It is nature. It is part of life. As hard a part as any, almost. Who’s to say…

I understand the disbelief, the anger, the bottomless sorrow. You get used to it. It’s nothing you can believe right when these things happen, but you do. It’s how we get through Human beings are incredibly resilient. You, the Marlins showed heroic resilience and honored Jose divinely on Tuesday night. You have a powerful wise talented friend in high places now. Someone looking out for you form beyond. Until you meet again, you get the opportunity to represent Jose with your actions here. It’s quite an honor and very spiritually rewarding way for a friendship to blossom when it seems last likely. These words come from love to people I know are suffering right now as a branch to grab, to catch a breath, a brief break from the pain. They come from the most real place I know.

Jose, thank you. You inspired very many in a very short time.


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words - 278 “My Imitation of the First 2016 Presidential Debate”


For some reason, I felt an American inclination to watch the First 2016 Presidential Debate last night. It was a lot of arguing and interrupting. Not a lot of respect. Some laughing, though it wasn’t very funny. In case you didn’t get a chance to waste two hours of your life last night, I will recap the whole thing real quick here and you can watch the next one if you still have any questions.


No comments: