Sunday, September 25, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 276

Before we begin here today, a few words on the passing of Miami Marlins ace Jose Fernandez.

Every day when I wake up, before much time passes I grab the Internet device and check the sports news in case anything really big happened when was sleeping. The only the time that stood out to me over all the years I did that was the day when ESPN.com told me future Hall of Fame Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Derrick Thomas had died. He was still an active player at the top of his profession. That was the first time until today. Minutes ago I learned that one of the best young pitchers in baseball Jose Fernandez passed away in a boating accident last night. His girlfriend was pregnant. He was 24 years old.

Many don’t know how suddenly life can torn away. Life taught me that as a 17-year old. I think this has provided with extraordinary empathy under these circumstances. I know what it feels like more than many. That is why I try to stay positive and enjoy life as much as I can every single day. After you are party to this kind of thing, that becomes one of the best ways to move forward and stay alive. It takes time. Huge condolences to everybody who knew the man Jose Fernandez. Condolences to baseball fans who watched him pitch, but for way too short a period of time. Like a comet, burning bright and flying through the sky, I wish you the best in your travel beyond. Peace


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals – 276 “Bring Your Best”

In this life, some of us are fortunate enough to do great things. I like to believe, at one time or another, we all do great things. Before I went to bed last night, I clicked on a little story about a man, Lee Parker, and his friend, Ivan White, who saved lives by stumbling upon a backpack bomb in my childhood state of New Jersey, moving it away from people and alerting authorities. I was inspired and soon thereafter, started writing this song that would be named upon completion, “Bring Your Best.”

I thought that was a very nice story, even though I only read a short shrift one. I thought about how many not entirely emotionally evolved people would judge these fellows. Maybe they would look down on them or make some snide joke about homelessness or alcoholism. I believe we are all great and capable of doing great things. I believe we are all equal and we are all one. Look down on someone else and you are only looking down on yourself. I skipped all that negativity stuff in my song, though and just focused on what these guys did and how it relates to us and what we can do each day.

In a different field, Marlins pitcher Jose Fernandez brought his best. Through a devastating elbow injury that cost him a year on the field to his magnificent work at home in Miami, the 24-year old Fernandez understood the meaning of “Bring Your Best.” It is with a heavy heart that I dedicate this song to him today. Acknowledgments for Mrs. Parker and White for what they did and how it can inspire everyone to lead by example, never be limited by your circumstances and do you best to manifest greatness each day. We never know when it will be our last. With out Lee Parker and Ivan White’s backpack adventure, it may have been the last for many more. Thank you gentleman.


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 276 “Muttering Nonsense”


Sometimes, in the course of living life, there’s little left to do but mutter nonsense. Here, I exemplify that standard late on Saturday night. I believe I discuss the manliness of my current notebook and how we reflect upon each other. I misused basic devices and mumbled a bunch absurd and unfunny minutia. I hope you like it. It’s for you. With love.


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 276 “The Carol of the Bells” by Mykola Leontovich and Peter J. Wilhousky


Shout-outs to my Ukrainian homies, Mykola Leontovich and Peter J. Wilhousky, on this here bell jam they busted. I’ve had fun singing versions of this for ages. I do a mean one on the kiddie xylophone. C B C A | C B C A | C B C A… Oh, I could ding it for hours. My glorious wife, Leanne and I, heard here in the background shhshhing me as she tried to sleep, have a special Colorado version of “The Carol of the Bells” for any time we travel on or near Arapahoe Street, Road Avenue, or whatever it’s called near the lovely metropolis of Denver. I won’t sing you that one, but I did sing you this one, and if you ask me, that means you scored hard. Always appreciate the scoring. You could be like the Yankees, shut out three days straight, or worse, even have a problem that matters.

Shout-out to my inspirational brother Wes Davis. Blessed enough to marry a Ukrainian gal, today he turns forty. Happy Birthday. He said he it was, "weird having an age that started with a four." I said, "Yeah, but you get used to it."

No comments: