Thursday, September 15, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 266

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 266 “I Like to Eat”


Here is a simple silly song about liking food. I do and I hope you do too. I purposely kept all mentions of meat and non-meat eating items out, although I do contemplate these sorts of things often. There’s a time and a place to discuss them and I decided not to on this song.

I have a friend who went vegan and thinks terrible thoughts of me now, ‘cause I’m not. He told me. It makes me sad, but he is entitled to his opinion. I miss him and wish he had more patience for me on my path. I could really use someone to guide me away from a life of eating meat. It’s all I know, but I feel bad for the critters. I truly do. I am open to the idea of changing but it will be a process. He has not the patience for that though, so we’ll lead separate lives for now.

Hopefully, tolerance, love and compassion will re-ignite the friendship when the time is right. Friends need to challenge each other. Maybe that’s what’s happening here and I don’t realize. That said, people must be allowed to be different and learn things. I’m not sure I could be friends with someone who was only my friend because I did what they thought I should do. Then again, maybe I could. It’s complicated. I think about this friend and all this every day. I like to think we can all agree, that food is fun and we like to eat it. That is why this song exists. Love is why I exist. I believe.

This jam features my virtuous work on the “The Wildly Noisy Little Wooden Thing.” I’m pretty sure that’s what it’s called. Last night I had the pleasure of sitting in with a belly dancing-led ensemble called Cairo Beats on this little guy at the end of Open Mic. It was highly entertaining. I wish you were there. 


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 266 “Xanadu” by Olivia Newton-John


One of the young gentlemen in one of my classes loves Olivia Newton-John. He is always requesting either Spanish songs by folks like Roberto Carlos and others. I actually play them for him, even though my Spanish, is sub-par. I’ve never even taken Spanish, but I try anyway. It makes folks happy. I must not be falling on my face too hard. This fine gentleman requests “Heart Attack,” “Suddenly,” as Olivia songs he loves. I found “Suddenly” and tried it for him. No one has typed out the chords for “Heart Attack” yet. All of this made me think of “Xanadu,” a cool song from a fun movie in the late 70’s, when Olivia was at the peak of her prowess.

So I looked up “Xanadu,” and had a blast playing it. I wound up playing it three or four times today. This is the final of those versions. It made me happy and transported me to a simpler time. A time when roller skates were cool.


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words - 266 “Love Myself”


Here’s another one of those special days where my “Words” post is a song. More music. Hooray! The song has words and music is a form of communication, even if it didn’t. “Words” is about communicating thoughts different ways. So here goes an improvised song about a standard worthwhile of universal adoption. “Love Myself.”

That’s the point of life, folks, and anything you can do to help yourself and or anybody else get closer to that goal is time exceptionally well-spent. Too many people have lost sight or forgotten about how crucial this is. I support everybody and all their valuable causes, but helping everybody learn to love themselves, including myself, is the true reason for the season. Like I said earlier, I believe.

So, that is it, my simple standard for today. A simple goal to aim for always, “Love Myself.” We are all one, so there is no difference between loving yourself and everyone else really. Acceptance is key. Unconditional love. It is a truly lofty standard, but one well worth pursuing. What else is there to do? If that is too hard for you to do all at once, I recommend starting by loving everyone else. You’ll come around to you when it’s time. You deserve love. I love you.

No comments: