Sunday, September 4, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 255

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 255 “Everything Is Cool”



I think I was telling you folks about this new number the other day. It is called “Everything Is Cool.” I had a little thought the other day, that I would have learned so much more in school growing up, if I had thought “Everything Is Cool” instead of almost everything is lame. I probably didn’t feel fully that way ‘til fifth or sixth grade, but there’s no doubt I missed out on a bunch of really cool stuff in all those years.

I guess if I were a bit more attentive, I’d speak great Hebrew, fine French. I’d know more about model rocketry, chess, all kinds of science. I might even understand trigonometry. Heck, I’d have learned guitar in seventh grade instead when I was 20. That would have been cool. Oh well, It’s never too late to share the love of learning. So, here it goes. I’m trying to add a little magic to the proceedings, Maybe your kid will even more excited when he or she gets to school if you have ‘em singing this song from the time they’re little whipper-snappers.


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 255 “Glory Days” by Bruce Springsteen


I’m not gonna lie. Sometimes, I get carried away,. In fact, all sorts of things get me so excited that I just have to put a cap on it and chill. Working on music gets me excited Just a simple happy, peaceful, relaxing day, gets me very excited. Yankee victories get me excited. Winning almost anything gets me excited. Stuff from the old days… excited.

So the other day I was at work. From time to time, that also gets me quite excited. I thought I’d go old school and bring to life for these folks, my best way, over the top, impression, of one of New Jersey’s most saluted sons, The Boss, ‘ol BS, himself.

So, I respect The Boss. How could ya not? He gets very excited. That said, I do think the way he sings is imitation-worthy. My throat hurts for three days after this, and I didn’t even make it through the song. I like “Glory Days,” It’s classic. Part of me wishes I gave it a more serious treatment, but nahhhh… There’s got to be plenty of serious versions of “Glory Days,” floating out there on the web. Here, is most of a version, my version, of me going all out ‘til I got nothing left, in my quest to be the best Bruce, this side of Asbury Park… or something. Maybe’ it’s just go entertain you with my silly voice and funny face, In either case, have a stimulating Sunday.

Shout-out to Cory Wilkins, who I may have accidentally spiritually summoned slightly, in my attempts to mimic El Patron.


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words - 255 “Butter That Biscuit”


Sometimes, the most meaningful words have no syllables. They make little, if any sound, but they mean everything. They can be a sunset, a birds chirping in the morning. They can be the howling winds warning you to seek refuge indoors. They can be a screaming stadium full of folks, or that can be a tranquil, soothing melody, letter-free.

So we have to listen very carefully for the message, if that is what we’re keen on taking home. Sometimes, for instance today, words are the soft blues escaping a classical guitar, born when they didn’t have to be, chosen to exist, against all odds.  If a picture is worth a thousand words, what’s the value of a song? How about a sunset? A bear in the woods? I don’t know. I just think they all must be included “ as “Words” for these purposes”, because the only point of “Words” is communication, and there’s many ways to butter that biscuit, my friends. “Butter That Biscuit.”

No comments: