Friday, September 16, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 267

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 267 “The Vegan Dilemma”



Some of you may recall my sorrow from yesterday, I was lamenting the (at least temporary) loss of a friend due to me not being vegan and longing for a friend who could provide me with some patience-infused guidance as I begin to attempt to change my eating habits that I’ve had my whole life. It will be slow and steady, best-case scenario. The universe listens. Yesterday, after we had a fun band practice, our neighbor heard us jamming and rolled by with some delicious vegan corn bread to share. How nice!

I support people’s right to be how they want to do what they want and I respond best to others who share that same appreciation and respect. People can hopefully understand that things come more quickly to some than others and trying to follow a righteous path is the gateway to getting there. I’m still figuring out what I believe on all of this, but I do feel bad for the beasts, even though as of now, I’m still eating them. Holy dichotomy, Batman.

So, I was very happy, to have a friend enter the picture with corn bread and no judgment. I think I may already have stopped eating the beasts if I wasn’t so put off by the sanctimonious nature of guys like this who have decided they are better than us. We are murderers and rapists and… how is anyone supposed to learn from anybody who approaches things like that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H73zgvD5x48

Here is an article  that offers a counterpoint to dudes like this who use hate to relate to people and then expect them to then choose love.

https://donchaknow.wordpress.com/2015/03/30/vegans-please-stop-promoting-gary-yourofsky/

It is like those people who use guns to spread peace. This guy uses hate (toward people) to try to generate love (for animals). I believe we are all one. Shouting at me and calling me names is only going to make me resent whatever you are saying. Obviously guys like this don’t care. I care and I have a lot more hostility about it all due to this obnoxious, judgy approach. Understanding opens doors to love. We must walk our brothers and sisters through these doors slowly sometimes, with our hands held tight. Badgering and forcing people through doors isn’t what teachers and lovers do. It’s what zealots and folks who think they know best do. We are all one. We are equal. We are all the same. If you don’t want me to eat your friends, don’t assault me. Don’t insult me. Teach me. Show patience with me, share your view with love and kindness and maybe I’ll choose your way on my own, with your help and my thanks.

Until tomorrow, thank you universe, for providing everything I need and exactly what I ask for, in this case, with my new vegan amigo and this opportunity to get these painful feelings off my chest.

Maybe I’m the one being too sensitive. My friend Happy Bear often says, “We are all perfectly fine.” Thanks Happy Bear. May fate lead you to this Angry Gary, who might really accomplish his goals if he wasn’t so comfortable pissing people off. We are all one. So I am him and he is me and I can probably take my own advice. Always. Love you. 

I wasn’t going to post this tune. I thought maybe it was too edgy, but it is very honestly what I am thinking about in my head, more or less. Perhaps a teensy tad of entertainment was added, but maybe not even. Then I thought, I’m writing all about it any way and it’s on my mind and I sang this song, so what the heck? It’s real, and I’m probably not the only one feeling this way. Sorry to all the vegans that I haven’t learned what you learned faster. Thanks to all the vegans who understand that some things take time. I read that article and it said education, not violence, is the way. I agree completely. “The Vegan Dilemma” looks inside my mind as I weigh a lifetime of food I fear will be bland and boring. I’m sure it wouldn’t be, at least after awhile, anyway. That’s why the education part is important. Enough of this. Let’s move on.


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words - 267 “The Sad Sac of Sensitivity”


I believe folks are way too sensitive in this world these days. It’s why I enjoy South Park, ‘cause those guys don’t care. They are the opposite of sensitive, it seems. Anyway, here’s a few words on how to manage and what we can do as people to pull together and not apart. We are one and our best interests are the same. So I rambled some here today, a bit more serious than most of my diatribes lately. But I care. Too much anger. Too much hate. What the world needs now is love. May have to cover that song soon.


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 267 “Maneater” by Hall and Oates


My wife is concluding her first “office” job today. Turns out it wasn’t quite as exciting as she thought. She will return to the animal care world shortly and I am very happy for her. Her soon to be ex-boss gave her free tickets for this fancy fest up in Del Mar this weekend called Kaboo. There are tons of acts ands it costs a million dollars to go to this thing, but we have tickets for Sunday. I doubt we’ll go. God bless Jack Johnson, G-Love, Garfunkel and Oates and whoever else is playing but I think I’ll pass. I do have some interest in Cheech and Chong who are playing Sunday, Whether that will be enough to drag me out with free tickets remains to be seen. Did I mention life is wonderful and I am extremely grateful for every blessed second of it? It is so.

Hall and Oates are playing. I’d like to see them. But I don’t think it’s Sunday. Instead, I will bring you my “Maneater,” as unvegan a song as you will ever find. In fact, it’s practically cannibalistic. In the 80’s, no one even blinked about it.  


No comments: