Thursday, September 22, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 273

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 273 “Rethinking the Seasons”


Here, on the first day of Fall, I consider the lack of sense made by the names of our beloved seasons. First, I should acknowledge that I choose to live in place that doesn’t even have seasons. They don’t exist. I have lived places they do though, and I only miss them a tiny little bit. Here, we examine why we call Fall, Fall and what other odd motivations have led us to name the other seasons what we have. What’s a Winter? I don’t know.


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 273 “Pure Imagination” by Leslie Bricusse & Anthony Newley


While we're reconsidering things, now seems as good a time as any to reconsider the impact of "Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory." Hail Gene Wilder, the great comedic actor who passed away recently. "Willy Wonka" is a little scary for kids, but that is the least of it. It is colorful, candy-filled, creative and jam-packed with great lessons for kids, on gluttony, TV, selfishness and "Pure Imagination." I wish Gene Wilder the best in his future as a spirit. I bet he will be great at that too. 


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals – 273 “Oh Gee”


I was feeling a G-chord and then the next thing you know, I was feeling the G-chord based tune. I don't really remember the words, but I think they were somewhat meaningful. I'll let the universe decide. Too many other things to do. Peace, y'all. 


No comments: