Monday, September 19, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 270

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 270 “San Diego Weather Report”


Today’s been one of those days. I guess I can’t complain considering there’s only 3 days left in Mercury in Retrograde and it’s just beginning to drive me insane. My day began with my keys missing. Well, they’re not really my keys, as my van is dying. They’re my back up keys. They drive my wife’s car and they have vanished. So I looked for them for half an hour was late to my appointment. Then after, she had a flat tire. I guess I ran over a razor blade. In the meantime, I fought Verizon (and won) about overcharges to my bill. I was extensively ignored at the car dealership across the street from where I broke down.
Finally, at 1, I ate, took Leanne’s car to the tire guy and now I’m back to looking for my keys to no avail. Sigh. Gosh, I hope they show up soon.

So, that’s about what I am preoccupied with at the moment. I obsess slightly and it’s hard for me to stop key-hunting, even though I’ve looked everywhere I can think of five times already. Oh well. I figured I ought to get a move on this 365ing, although all I really want to do is find my keys so I don’t have to think about it any more.

So, it’s hours later. My day has picked up quite well. Thank you for letting me vent earlier. I think it helped turn my day around. The flat tire is repaired. The keys have been found. Appears they vanished into my wife’s purse. Fortunately, her new job is close enough that I could check and retrieve them personally. She is busy saving animals and digging her first day of work, I hope. I visited three times, so I’ve done my part.

It’s a rare gray day today. I feigned dismay. I embrace weather of all kinds actually, save a tsunami, earthquake, hurricane, tornado, volcano... I embrace weather, as long it’s not trying to kill me. Here, I acted for you. My character here is a native San Diegan, uncertain what ill forces have captured our otherwise sunny skies.

“The ocean reflects the skies reflects the ocean reflects the skies.”  - A Call to Action

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals – 270 “Femailman"

I was feeling this beautiful love song, but all that’s holy under Mercury in Retrograde intervened rendering my attempts to romantic… well, maybe they worked better than I realized…

I’m feeling and playing this little new idea of a song and this substitute lady mailman starts smiling at me through my fence. Then, as you can hear, she asks me something. I answer. Gotta be polite, right?

I decide. OK, let’s start fresh, see if I can remember what I sang and get it going once more. Frankly, from a creative perspective, the odds are already stacked against you at that point. A moment comes. It rarely comes twice in a row one right after the other. It can, but that is rare. I tried. Next thing you know, and this is some very un-mailman-type behavior, she just came into my yard and started talking to me again. Maybe there was even a third time. You can hear it. I’m pretty sure I’m going to leave it.

I’ve often wondered, should lady mailmen have a different name? Mailwoman? Femailman? This experience, more than anything else so far, makes me wanna double down on that bit of linguistic logic. Come on, Webster, get this done! Fix that dictionary!

So another thing I’ll wonder is what this tune would have been if its extreme romantic magnetism wasn’t effective enough to prevent it from becoming what it otherwise would have. Don’t get me wrong. I appreciate the friendliness of the sweet MailLady, but I’ll have to be more aware when I start improvising enchanting songs in my front yard. Ladies, on the job, literally start breaking in and making up reasons to schmooze me. Communication situations. Oh Mercury, you card you. Sweet life...

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 270 “Rise” by Katy Perry

I forget what song I played… an hour ago. Hmmm. Let’s think… No idea. I hope it was good. Oh! I remember! It was a Katy Perry song I’ve never heard. “Rise.” I wrote a song called “Rise,” once, in 2000. I have no idea how her song goes. I was told it was the theme for the Olympics. That’s great. I didn’t watch much.

I tried the song, once at work, where I became aware of its existence. I did a slow Johnny Cash-ish version. I tried that today and then sped it up instead, so here that goes. If you stick around through the need you can hear a bit of the slow version. I have no idea how fast or slow Katy’s goes. She has pretty blue eyes though. Don’t be alarmed by the apparently trapped man at the end there. That’s just Dan. Danning.

No comments: