Friday, September 23, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 274

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals – 274 “Merry Go Round”



I literally woke up with this tune in my head today. Pretty neat. I had to figure out the chords (D and G), but it was easy, emboldened by inspiration to round up my guitar and iPads and breach the threshold to the outdoors where the magical moments take place. That’s right, folks. I woke up with “Merry Go Round” song spinning in my dome.

I am going to do something today that I’ve never done before, something I’ve been eagerly wanting to do for as long as I can remember. I wish not to ruin the surprise, but it involves blue and angels, but not the Blue Angels. I am looking for a new car, but this surprise does not involve the VIN number… I’ve only watched X Files once or twice… I’m not a Mulder guy, more of a … person.  This is a weak game. Hopefully, I’ll see a better one before the day is through.

I might argue freeway traffic is the “Merry Go Round” of the masses. Park on, my friends, park on. Hail the Tealmobile.


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 274 “San Diego Weather Revisited”


A few days back, our region was briefly plagued with less than ideal weather. It was brutal. I honestly don’t know how any of us survived. Here, I return with some truly revalationary news. The storm has passed! We’re alive! I am extremely grateful, as is the little snail who tried to board my foot for safe passage, but instead found himself featured in another one of these infernal video blasts.


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 274 “El Palomito” by Los Originales Cadetes de Linares”


I work with special needs adults for a living. My main goal is to engage them and make them happy though kindness and music. It works pretty well and I love my job. There’s this newer Spanish speaking young man who goes there. He loves classic Spanish songs and Olivia Newton-John. He requests them and even though, I don’t speak Spanish, I have lived in San Diego for 16 years and I try. He seems to enjoy and he tells me my versions sound like the originals I’ve never heard and don’t understand. So, I’ll apologizer again for my mutilation of one of the great romance languages. If trying is worth anything though, this guys gets a B+, at least. Now what was the name of that song again? I don’t even know what their name means. I’m so embarrassed. I just heard the real “El Palomito” for a second for the first time… Mine doesn’t sound like it. Yeah.






No comments: