Saturday, September 24, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 275

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 275 “Yard Sack”


This world is full of things you’d never script, ideas you’d never imagine, truths you’ll never see. They may be abstract or invisible. They may happen over time like legendary Dodgers broadcaster Vin Scully’s 67 years of excellence at the microphone. They may be symbolic of something we missed. Here, I allow a “Yard Sack” discovered in my very own front yard to speak for itself. What it says to you will not be the same as what it said to me. Each “Yard Sack,” like each emotion, like every word, will say something different to each person it encounters, but the true beauty is just that, That it encounters, What we do with our “Yard Sack” is up to us. Hail Neo.


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 275 “Ray Genung Bail Bonds” by Unknown


OK. Now I don’t know much about Ray Genung bail bonds. Most of what I do know I learned during a brief Google search just now. Ray Genung is or was a bail bondsmen based out of Crescent City, CA. He apparently has ads in the local paper as far back as 1970, at least. Whatever. One more from the apparently category, there is some fellow named Ray Genung near Flagstaff who puts videos of marching bands on Youtube. This is very lightly researched.

So why, Jefferson, why, Ray Genung? Well, I lived in Humboldt form November 1995 to March 1998, I believe. I drove around a lot in my beloved 1983 Chevy Monte Carlo, “The Beast from the East,” and listened to a lot of radio. Some A’s games, some Sports Fan Radio Network, the late Pap Joe Chevalier was my favorite back then, Now I’m a Mike Francesa guy, Joe Beningo, Scott and BR of course, deep sports radio on today’s 365. I was even a pizza delivery boy for a short time. Still wish I hadn’t run that red light by Earl Scheib tire. Sucks to lose money on the job. I eventually got fired for running out of gas on the job in said Monte Carlo. Doubt I’ve shared that bit of trivia in 20 years.

This “Ray Genung Bail Bonds” radio commercial was on all the time then. It is still in my head two decades past. Wild. It’s cover. I haven’t done it before. It may not even exist on the Internet until now, so I how about that (Copyright Mel Allen). Hope you’re enjoying a cappella day on this here Operation 365. Love.


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals – 275 “Don’t Mess with My Dirty Lemons”

Some days have to be dirty lemon days. Of course, we’d all prefer clean lemons, but how many lemons off the tree were you gonna eat anyway? And we can clean the chosen few if we need to, I suppose. Today, ages ago, became destined to be a capella day on the 365 2. No one knew when it happened and no one cared, but it happened ‘cause it was meant to. Now it’s a reality and we’re going to have to deal with the fact that there are some seriously filthy lemons hanging on our tree.

That said, we have to deal with our lemons. No one else can. You can come and try to clean my lemons, but it’s better if I deal with it myself. You gotta be trie to something in this life. If you can’t even handle your own lemons, that you’re too far behind to start, I’ll stay here and touch ‘em and sing about ‘em, and maybe even one of these days, I’ll get my sponge and eat ‘em. For now, though, I’m down to let ‘em grow, Maybe they’ll work this way through their dirty period on their own and we can reconnect down the road when it’s time that our paths cross again. I hope all of all of our lemons will be shiny and fresh by then. Organic.

Thanks for playing a capella day on the Operation 365 2. 

No comments: