Saturday, September 17, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 268

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 268 “Lost In Faith”



“Lost In Faith” is a song I wrote a long time ago, probably close to 20 years. I was not nearly as stoked as I am these days and “Lost In Faith” reflects that. That is the point of writing songs like this, to get those feelings out so you can move through and past them. I have found faith to be quite a friend in trying times. It has worked well for me. I am deeply grateful. I hope for you that you are too.


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words - 268 “Man Bun”


 Unpredictable things occur. One such circumstance is the unlikely trendiness of the “Man Bun.” Are you joshing me?!?!? I have been sporting said style for ages, as it is practical in a variety of ways. It keeps hair off the neck and out of one’s face and it keeps it out of your way if you’re doing stuff. One thing I never thought was that it looked cool. I mean, it looks OK, but I remain flabbergasted by the fact that people ask me about my man bun now. It feels like an alternate universe type of situation. Like a Bizarro world, if you’re ready to go “Superfriends” with me. Obscure? Perhaps. Here’s betting the man bun will be too someday soon. If it’s good enough for Sumo…

As a new, unlikely, way-ahead-of-my-time type of trendy hairstyle, here, I nominate the “Man Pony Flop.” If everyone’s wearing one of these soon, you heard it here first. Strange, strange, universe.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 268 “Lookin' for Love” by Johnny Lee


Apparently, Day 268 is time travel day on the 365 2. First we went back to the late 90s when I wrote today’s original, “Lost In Faith.” Then we went back roughly that far to the time when I first started sporting the “Man Bun,” long before those two words meant anything when said back to back. Now, once more, we’ll travel back, this time, to roughly 1980.

Back, then, we were in the den and my mom was making a mix tape. It was the first time I’d ever heard of such a thing. It was a great one, so great we named it “Supertape.” I don’t remember all the tunes on it, but “Lookin' for Love” was one of my favorites. “Don’t Give Up on Us, Baby” was on there too. I think, the theme to “Grease.” So here we are once again, back in 1980. Or maybe it was that day in the late 90’s, not too long after I picked up guitar, the day I wanted to play this song badly enough to figure it out by ear. Maybe it’s all those times, always. Maybe they’re all right now. “Lookin' for Love,” sounds a plan for the world, if you ask me.


Bayer bought Monsanto for 66 billion dollars. What the world needs now is love, sweet love… Future cover…?

No comments: