Thursday, November 3, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 315

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 315 “Embracing the Now”


Folks, the world didn't change yesterday. It just seemed that way to tons of people. We are in the future and expired ideas and conventions no longer belong. We are the truth that we create. That is what the Cubs did last night in claiming their first World Series crown since 1908.

I thought I wasn't ready for now. I picked the Indians exclusively for that reason. I knew the Cubs were better, but I thought I wasn't ready for them to win. I am. I already was. I realize that now. I hope we are all ready, because the world is far more than the two people running for president. It is every one of us and how we can become champions and help our teammates become champions. 

We can do this every day. The Cubs can. We can. And one step further, we are. Saving the world now, we are all champions. Thanks for opening my eyes Cubbies. Congrats to all their fans. Congrats to everyone actually. Lovable winners has a nice ring to it. 


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay – Covers – 315 “Go Cubs Go” by Steve Goodman


Yes, the Chicago Cubs are World Champions. The shirt Bill Murray wore during Game 7 was strangely similar to the shirt Phish frontman Trey Anastasio wore during their epic performance of David Bowie's "Ziggy Stardust and The Spiders from Mars" album in Las Vegas, Halloween.  

A man named Jonathan did me a solid 5 years back. He granted me The Tealmobile. I remain grateful, even in its final days in my care. Thanks Jonathan. Jonathans have been incredibly generous to me these last six years. Thanks Jonathans. Due to God's magic gift of Facebook, Jonathan asked me to cover this song. The Cubs closed the deal and I obliged. 

Cheers to the Rammelbergs and my boy, Chris Sulit. They are my Eddie Vedder, John Cusack and Vince Vaughn, as far as Cub fans go. I never heard “Go Cubs Go” 'til then, but I played it a bunch today. By the time I was done, I even really liked the tune. I may even play it again some day. Great WGN product placement in there. Hail to the Champs!


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals – 315 “(I’m) Going to Chicago”


So I wrote “(I’m) Going to Chicago” a few years back. It was one of the tunes I knew I would do in this 365 but I saved it... just in case. Well, guess what. It happened. The Cubs, for the first time in lifetimes, are World Champions. I am happy for them and I am happy for me, 'cause I live in a world where that can happen. They deserved it. They were the best team all year.

I wrote this song, I vaguely recall, about hard times. Shortly thereafter, I flew through Chicago and got violently ill in the airport. I don't think The Windy City appreciated my word play. It's OK. We're even now... I hope. Thanks to my wonderful wife, Leanne on the vocal aid.  “(I’m) Going to Chicago” has a whole new meaning now. Now, it's the home of the World Champions, the Chicago Cubs. Congratulations everyone. Anything is possible. We are all champions 'cause we are all one. 

Peace.

No comments: