Friday, November 11, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 323

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals – 323 “Tractor Dancer Lunch Friend”


Sometimes, it’s just time for a quiet reflective moment musically. Today, to me was one of those times. Fortunately I had this little piece on retainer, ready to go. It has it’s dark moments. It’s much like life in that way ,but comes back around to soft and soothing, which we all need occasionally. Regular life goes on around and behind this number. Construction, lunch plans, general friendliness. I like to believe the world is more that than all that other acrimony, folks have been focused on.

So back in the basic pleasures of life, your next meal, the sunshine, someone you love. Listen to a song and let it soothe you. A shower is always nice to. A fresh start is there for you, like this song, it’s right there waiting for you to name its time and go it’s way. Peace is always waiting

Note: To anyone who think this universal love stuff is all hippie nonsense, I’m sorry for you. The truth is what you make it.


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay – Covers – 323 “Hello I Love You” by The Doors


From Los Angeles, California, The Doors! Gotta say old Jim made The Golden State look pretty wild and cool to an east coast youth like me in college. Incendiary, revolutionary, no f’s given, Jim Morrison was all that. It’s dangerous element was strangely refreshing, like if he has nothing to lose, what about me?

My dear friend Shannon, passed away a week or so ago. I continue to reflect on her one-of-a-kind energy. She lit life up like a firework. I can see why she loved The Lizard King. Hanging in her UMASS dorm room, may have been as close as I got to living in the 1960’s, That an a couple odd music festivals here and there way back when. She was a bad ass on a whole variety of levels. You couldn’t miss her. She was shiny and electric. I don’t think I’d describe anyone else I’ve ever known in hat manner. I could go on for days reveling in her buzzing energy and endlessly interesting perspective. Hail Shannon. This Jim jam’s is for you. Onward and upward, my sweet friend.


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 323 “How Everybody Feels Right Now”


Day 323. 11-11. Veteran’s Day. Yes, it all means something precious. If a picture’s worth a thousand words, what is a moving picture worth? Are there advanced metrics for this? There must be. Some sophomore at Harvard knows the answer. He’ll be running the Chargers in a few years, but that won’t help them win more football games.

Fatigue cuts the frivolity in the masses, right now, like a drug dealer cuts heroin. There are mountains of both. Hot, heaving, steaming, stinking both. It’s all right. We are resilient animals. Hope is enigmatic warrior. You never know what it’s planning, even when it’s pressed against your chest.

So this is what I have to say and as I “said” I had this sensation that it was strangely poignant at this moment in time. And that is was universal. We are all human. It’s time to gather common ground, unite in love, ideally. There’s plenty of time to battle your brother some other angry afternoon.

Peace, love, kisses and Nigel.   


No comments: