Monday, November 28, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 340

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay – Originals – 340 “For Cheryl”


Another great day on this blessed planet. Working on my next CD, number 7, The Best of Operation 365, it shall be called. It includes 12 of the finest songs out the 211 I wrote for Operation 365 1. I have been working on it for some time. I dream of a day when I put out the songs I write in a year, the next year. Until then, I’ll be satisfied putting out my songs from 2011 in 2017. I’m glad I even have songs, much less a place to put them out. I’m aiming to take nothing for granted.

So I took a break from working on that to work in this. I wrote hits song a million moons ago, it feels like, back when I only knew a few chords. I put them all into this number. “For Cheryl, Grateful Dead Always, Eating Brownies. The chords line up with the words, mostly. It makes it easy to remember – F C, G D A, B E, I flipped this chords for “Eating Brownies” from E B to B E. I liked the idea of BE I guess, plus it sounds better. This one went and still goes out to my long lost friend, Cheryl Horvath and her man Ryan, two of the first cool people I met when I became a Californian, just as I was learning guitar 21 years ago.


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay – Covers – 340 “I Am the Cosmos” by Chris Bell



I dabbled with a few covers today before settling on "I Am the Cosmos” by Chris Bell. I would have no idea this song existed if not for my musically hip friend Scott Baslaw. He requested this number and I think I even listened to it once before I tried to play it. So I have no idea if it really sounds like it much. What I do know is it doesn’t say the F-word a few times like the other song I finished decently today, “I Could’ve Lied” by The Red Hot Chili Peppers. Kinder gentler me says the F –word more in private, less on the Internet for all prolonged prosperity. Moderation. Gotta pick one’s spots. I chose not today.


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay – Words - 340 “The Best of Today”



Folks, every day lots of exciting things happen, far more than one can possibly share or reflect on. Today, instead of choosing one inspiring patch of verbiage, I chose to quilt pastiche and give you a little bit of a lot of this and that on a Monday. What better day to share than a Monday. So I’m not even exactly sure all the parts that are in there. I know I did an acceptance speech for an imaginary Internet award I deserve, but doesn’t exist. There is some dog, a tad of wife, and my favorite of all 365 bits, a snoring section. Folks, don’t believe for a second that I’m not exciting to hang out with. The incontrovertible proof lies right there at the end of this video. Me = Excitement squared. It’s the new math, folks, the new math indeed.

















No comments: