Saturday, November 5, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 317

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay – Covers – 317 “Help Me Rhonda” by The Beach Boys



Remember the old days??? Oh, I do. Like so many of you, I remain a sucker for the old days. Back in high school, I was in a student/teacher rock band called The Boptones. It was fun. It was a coming of age for me of sorts. As a junior, I struggled. The one song they gave me to sing lead on was "Rocket Man by Elton John. If you don;t know that song, it is very hard to sing. I flopped fabulously in rehearsal. I'm sure everyone had a fun time with that. After that disaster my consolation prize was “Help Me Rhonda.” I wasn't feeling it. I made it through a little tune-up concert before cutting it myself. It was a mercy death.

Many years later, I was working at my special needs job, and one of the seniors requested this jam. I still had in my head I guess, and busted out the whole thing there on the spot. Now it wasn't right, but they didn't know that. I t was close enough. I stuck with that vision awhile. Eventually, I found the right version. At least the on the internet told me was right. Here it is for you. Happy Saturday, my friends. 

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals – 317 "Wrapped Up In Blue"


As I mentioned yesterday, one of my personal highlights if this 365 so far, has been improvising songs from scratch for you, birthing songs if you will. Here is another fun example of this. I've been looking forward to sharing this high energy number since concocting it on Tuesday. I gave it a fun name, based on the first worlds that came out of my mouth when I started singing, "Wrapped Up In Blue". 

I think it's a nice song name, an homage to the legendary "Tangled Up in Blue" by Bob Dylan, off one of my favorite Dylan records, "Blood on the Tracks." So I hope you like it. I look forward to going back, when this entire 365 enterprise is over, and checking this tune out, learning it, writing down the words and maybe playing it for years to come. Who knows? Not I, sir, not I.



Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words – 317 “Cross-Dressing, California, and Cannibalism”

Here, I go on another one of what I imagine someday may be trademark rants about a million things all at once. Who's better at being all over the place at the same time than me? Probably no one. Here in another one of my rants from radio practice Monday, (I am working hard) I touch on some of my favorite topics, “Cross-Dressing, California, and Cannibalism.” 

Yes, Halloween is a great justification to cross-dress, isn;t it? Here, I address how I feel about that. Then we discuss California wand why it's awesome and where the line is that makes Californians flip their poop, Finally we return to the big stories of the week the election (oh, so briefly), and our big story, Derek Wolfe, the Broncos D-lineman who told Chargers QB Phil Rivs, he'd eat his kids. We are unequivocally against this on the 365. Just thought you should know. Onward to Sunday, my maties. Roll ho!

No comments: